Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old September 11th, 2015, 12:33 PM
notverysmall
Josh
none

1988 Defender 110 RHD (feeler) from Africa

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum, I am new here but not new to the Rover world. Long story short, I have a close friend out in Africa (Kenya area) who has found some Defenders for me that I would import into Boston to sell. Below are the details of the 1st truck that I would import.

1988 - RHD
VIN: SALLDHMC7EA267585
miles: 161206 km
Diesel
Price: $24,000

I know the price is a bit more than the ones from the UK. I am trying to see if it would be worth importing to sell at that price. The truck would in Boston at that price, I could ship anywhere in the US (except CA) for addition cost. Unfortunately I only have the 2 pictures and video at the moment but could get more information if interested. Really just gauging the interest level at this price. Trucks should be rust free compared the the UK ones.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you have interest in the truck. Feel free to PM as well.

Thanks,
Josh

https://youtu.be/Ese__t9Sb60

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2015, 03:28 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
I mean... Grainy photos of the front clip aren't going to garner reasonable debate on value ect.

eBay would be your best resource to see what 110 trucks are selling for in similar condition (presuming you have more information on condition) just check 'sold' and search away
Old September 11th, 2015, 03:46 PM
notverysmall
Josh
none

I know, not the best amount of info at the moment.

I guess my bigger question is; does the fact it comes from Africa (dry climate, no rust) add value to it? I have seen what has sold recently on ebay, unfortunately they are all UK, NAS, or Santana so it makes it hard to compare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 11th, 2015, 03:52 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Where they come from doesn't matter as much as their current condition. A clean truck is a clean truck just as a rusty, crusty POS is a POS. The made in SA trucks left the factory with a galvanized chassis so to me that would be a plus. The VIN you provided was a truck made in England with a standard chassis.
Old September 11th, 2015, 04:00 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by notverysmall View Post
I know, not the best amount of info at the moment. I guess my bigger question is; does the fact it comes from Africa (dry climate, no rust) add value to it? I have seen what has sold recently on ebay, unfortunately they are all UK, NAS, or Santana so it makes it hard to compare.
Africa isn't all dry; and no rust is subjective... Galvanic corrosion is a reality for all of these vehicles. Interior condition matters to an extent.

Sold 110s on eBay would provide you with a 'market value' especially if you aren't going to do a refit when it hits U.S. shores. Assuming it's rust free your value is close to accurate by my pseudo informed opinion
Old September 11th, 2015, 04:56 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
How much do they go for in Africa? Should this be more of a feeler thread instead of a vehicle for sale right now?
Old September 11th, 2015, 05:21 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Kenya area?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, defender, defender 110, rhd