Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old May 15th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Cal
Cal Thompson
1987/110 3 door ExMod

Registry
1987 RHD 3 door Land Rover 110 200tdi $15,000

IMAGES WONT UPLOAD ON HERE WITH MY TERRIBLE AFRICA INTERNET, VISIT: https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/6132927882.html to see the small amount of photos I have for it.

TLDR: 1987 exmod 110 200tdi, 140,000km, runs and drives but listed for $15,000 OBO because it needs transmission rebuilt. Located near Columbus Ohio.

I've had a series of bad luck that has set me back financially, but I was just accepted to Columbia University, so it can all turn around if I'm able to sell my baby to afford food and rent in Manhattan.

BASICS
Started life as an ExMOD 110 with a heavy duty frame and a 2.5 NAD. Currently has about 140,000km on the chassis and 60,000km on the engine. Every inch, inside and out was covered in flaking green CARC paint. The paint was too far gone to save, so I went through the very long process of removing the chemical resistant paint with chemical paint remover by hand. I coated the exterior in Rustoleum tan and gloss black as a temporary solution, but I liked the way it wears, so I never changed it. Definitely not a show paint job. The only rust is a very small portion on the right side where the door seal passes by the door hinge. Otherwise it's totally rust free.

Since 2014 it has been given a 200tdi, as well as a fully rebuilt transfer case with a 1.22 ratio. It was able to do a cross country trip while comfortably towing a Honda Civic at 75mph, all while getting some killer gas mileage.

FRONT INTERIOR
I used peel and seal metal flashing for sound reduction all throughout cockpit area and insulated the firewall, doors and transmission tunnel with aluminum backed foam. Then covered the entire cockpit area in Exmoor trim carpeting, seats, and door panels, all black. It looks very clean, and the noise is much better.

REAR INTERIOR
The bed has been Herculined in black. It honestly didn't turn out how I liked, but it certainly looks better than the flaking CARC that was there before, plus it's a lot easier to strip than CARC, and it cut some of the noise down.

The rear has been rigid foam lined, but no headliner has been put up. The rear is outfitted with a home made camper set up. It has a side and front bench seat, that when folded down turns into a twin size bed. The seat cushions are made out of black leather printed vinyl, and lay out to act as the mattress. The left side has a shelving unit with a cutout that fits a cooler that will come with the truck. All nicely carpeted in tan.

WHEELS
5 Stock Michelin XZL's. 7.5 inches wide. They're all in amazing shape. The spare still has the blue chalk and little rubber "tails". Wolf rims, painted CARC green, I sprayed them with some flat black PlastiDip, that way I could easily remove it when I decided what I wanted to do with them.

SUSPENSION/UNDERSIDE
Suspension has been upgraded with a 2 inch Old Man Emu lift kit just last year. The rear axle is a Salisbury, which is basically a Dana 60. The frame is totally rust free, and was Waxoiled at one point in it's life, but now has a thick layer of oil from the previous 2.5 NAD. I never removed it because it makes for a great rust repellant.

ISSUES
Obviously as a vintage truck it has some issues. I had the transfer case rebuilt because it was making a weird whining noise, but while now the transfer case is in great shape, it didn't fix the noise, which means it was related to the transmission. I couldn't decide if I wanted to rebuild it, or just splurge on an R380 short bell, so obviously it never got fixed. The truck still runs and drives, but the noise is not something I feel comfortable driving on. The next issue is that I never bought an exhaust for it. I just had a down-pipe welded on so that the gasses go below everything. The noise wasn't loud enough for me to spend money on an exhaust, and since it's a diesel theres really no need for one.

UPGRADES
OME 2 inch suspension lift (Standard)
LAND ROVER logo on bonnet
new grille and light covers,
Rovers North 200tdi snorkel/breather (on but not fully connected. I ran out of time)
Full exmoor front interior (minus headliner.)
Home built camper back
LED external lights (minus headlights)

NEEDS
Transmission rebuild
headliner
better paint job
snorkel attached completely (it's on for looks at the moment)
new door seals
exhaust (if that's your thing)

I'm asking $15,000 OBO, and I will be taking a massive hit on this as is. I'm very desperate for money because a lot has happened in the last 30 days. I'm literally trapped in Africa for the next few days, so it will take me a few days before I'm able to take better photos and meet with people. Until then, feel free to email me or message me on here if you have any questions.

My email is calpthompson@gmail.com
Truck is located in Plain City Ohio, about 25 minutes from downtown Columbus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone
1984 Land Rover 110 Soft Top

lol someone already flagged your Craigslist ad....
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Cal
Cal Thompson
1987/110 3 door ExMod

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyrovers View Post
lol someone already flagged your Craigslist ad....
Ugh, Why?? I reposted it. I'll edit the ad with the correct link.

Here it is in the mean time. https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/6133193019.html

Wel someone flagged it again. I can't figure out why...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2017, 06:31 PM
StreetsofCompton
Mike
2006/LR3

So you're the Nigerian Prince...haha jk. GLWTS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old May 15th, 2017, 07:37 PM
speedpin
Adam
Looking ;)