January 22nd, 2015, 02:26 PM
1987 Defender 110
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
1987 Defender 110 RHD Clear Texas Title
This is a unique truck in that it is in amazing shape and original, not a back yard project or a truck that someone has gone in and changed it's integrity through a limited "restoration", and it has awesome history. This truck was owned for 27 years by the London Police Department as a show piece vehicle used to transport diplomats and in parades etc... It was a gift from Land Rover in the late 1980s to get exposure in the London area. It was dry stored all the time and serviced by Land Rover Specialists it's whole life and it shows!!!
When the LPD decided to sell the vehicle, it was in an excellent state. No rust at all, very well treated and serviced. The chassis looks it just rolled out of the factory. Although the truck was in excellent condition, a full rebuild was done to the engine by a UK Land Rover Defender Shop, due to its age. She got new brakes all around, new suspension and shocks, new tires and battery and lots of other parts that showed any age. This truck is set up for a long life.
VIN NUMBER: SALLDHMV7BA278219
Truck is on EBAY at http://www.ebay.com/itm/281571569938...84.m1555.l2649:
- One owner prior to July 2014, that owner was the London Police Department
- 72.000 original miles before rebuild (less than 400 miles on rebuilt engine)
- V8 3.5 liter
- Full rebuild of the engine with less than 400 miles on it. Includes all gaskets, lubricants, spark plugs and leads and so on.
- 5 speed manual. Both gearbox and transfer box work perfect..no weird noises or rattles whatsoever and smooth transitions
- 4 Wheel Drive. High/low gear and differential lock are present and work excellently.
- Runs excellent
- RHD (Right hand drive)
- Tow bar with electric
- NO RUST
- Chassis is in mint condition, very rare to find. It is hard and strong and has always been coated with a special impregnation substance that prevents rust and keeps it strong. Chassis VIN is clearly visible however it is a European VIN so won't register on US Vin decoders but can be looked up.
- New brakes
- New exhaust
- New springs and heavy duty shocks
- New all terrain tires (less than 50 miles on these) (see image)
- New battery
- Bulkheads and foot wells are clean and rust free
- Doors are straight and have rust free bottoms, which is very rare.
- All windows work fine
- Power steering system is in excellent condition...very smooth.
- Seat rails adjusted
- Clear Texas Title in hand (see image)
- All import/customs documentation, including original London Police Department Title, passed all DOT, EPA and DMV inspections including Texas inspections.
- Bull bar still in box ( I prefer the truck without but had ordered it)
- Original paint. Aluminum paint and body in great condition. Some minor age marks but for a 27 year old vehicle, it really is beautiful.
- Original LR Houndstooth Tweed seats all with seat belts that work.
- 4 jump seats
- No accidents
- Assembly location Solihull, UK
This truck is in my garage in Dallas ready to show. Please serious interested buyers only. Tod 954-253-6050