1986 LHD 110 3.5 V8, 51,708 miles - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old March 16th, 2016, 01:07 PM
toad
Cutter
None

1986 LHD 110 3.5 V8, 51,708 miles

I’m putting up for sale my 110, pains me to do it but I just can’t keep it given current life circumstances. It is in very good condition, not a show truck by any means but very reliable, drives well and structurally sound. The 3.5 runs very well, the LT85 is good and shifts smoothly, the truck is used daily. Running on stock springs with OME shocks. Wolf wheels, I can include the original rims with the sale, I was going to sell these but some prefer the stock look. I installed sliders with tree bars prior to the romp this year, where the truck really was quite remarkable for being stock. Matt Brown just had the truck at his shop Overland Engineering and replaced the starter, battery and ground leads, steering bushings as well as fixing the driver side door latch. I’m sure he’d be willing to give you his opinions on the truck.

I bought this from Johan in 2014, it was a fire truck in the Austrian town of Sellrain. When I took delivery I spent 6 months going through the truck working on frame and body panel issues, these include:

-Removed copious amounts of Waxoyl from the underbody and repaired any rusted areas on the frame. The frame had been repaired previously but is in good shape
-new galvinised rear crossmember
-new YRM galvanized 5 door tub crossmember
-all new rear tub aluminum floor, top hats etc made from laser cut 1/8 aluminum panels
-cut out footwells and replaced with YRM replacement parts
-replaced the bottom C column on the drivers side
-new door posts and crossmember mounts
-new seatbelts and mounting points in rear.

I removed a majority of the service wiring as it was distracting but left a few spare runs to the roof and into the engine bay. The interior of the truck is original with the moorland upholstery and a full width bench in the back. It is in decent condition given the age, but I have black vinyl exmoor trim reupholstery kits for the two front seats. This service truck was originally brown and the interior still is, I was in the process of deciding whether to paint, carpet or ignore it.

The issues are pretty minor:

Doors all have minor rust on bottom frames.
Door inner panels are a bit beat up, the drivers has a hole in it
There are holes in the dash where a radio was mounted. The center cubby had lots of service equipment in and on it but is still sound.
Rear door defroster does not work- it did but I haven’t sorted out why
Rear door washer works but the vinyl reservoir in the door has a leak. It is currently disconnected.
Heater blower only works on high
Gas gauge sender is either crooked or caught and does not read to full. I know it just needs to be pulled and reseated as it worked fine.
The receiver hitch is bent up from a recovery at the romp. This is the one JSQ sells on here. I have the OEM trench digger style that came on the truck.

I am asking $32,000 for the truck, obo. I’ll consider a partial trade for an 88” as I can’t quite give up on the rover life, but priority is selling outright. I’m not desperate to sell at this point so no need to lowball. I’ll update with more pictures shortly as well as process photos from the frame and body repairs, but I'll be putting on eBay then as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2948.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	145100   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	145101  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0081.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	145102  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2016, 04:01 PM
toad
Cutter
None

I took some photos while cleaning it this afternoon, and also included some from the initial work I did. You can see the frame condition in those with the floor removed better than my under shots. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/97hjj9v3k...ndw--E-a?dl=0#

A friend asked why I was selling it, what was wrong with it now- the answer actually is its running better than ever and that seems like the best time to let her go.

A few more things to note:

-Second jump seat for the back is included.
-Mud flaps are included but the brackets are rusty. One came off at the romp and I decided to just pull the other.
-roof rack is service equipment and is bolted to roof.
-Alternator was just rebuilt
-there's a big speaker on the passenger side dash, under the cut out where I put a 3d printed cover with the land rover logo

I'll add more as I think of it.
Old March 17th, 2016, 08:40 AM
toad
Cutter
None

Some full resolution exterior glamour shots I took yesterday evening:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zqu1dgb4g..._1Y56dXha?dl=0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2016, 11:48 AM
toad
Cutter
None

Sold on Ebay
Old March 24th, 2016, 11:56 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
congrats and i love the 2 car seats in the back!
Old March 24th, 2016, 12:01 PM
toad
Cutter
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by d90boy View Post
congrats and i love the 2 car seats in the back!
My heart wasn't really into selling it so I didn't do the best job on presentation I'm expecting it to look dramatically different for dramatically more money next time we see it.
Old April 7th, 2016, 01:23 PM
toad
Cutter
None

As with all things eBay, lots of talk, very little buying. After 2 auctions where the other party flaked out I'm doing some work on the truck now but will relist in a week or so. So still available.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, lhd, v8