Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old January 20th, 2014, 03:17 PM
KatieMo
Katie
1987 Land Rover 90 ex-MOD (sold)

Registry
1986 Land Rover 90 Trade Only

1986 Land Rover 90 aka Land Rover Defender 90. D-90
Full legal import from England direct from the Ministry of Defense. ex-MOD and used in the British military. It has a 2.5 diesel engine and gets approx 25-30 mpg! It was serviced by the military which means if a part was needed it was replaced with a brand new part. It has the heavy duty axles and it is the number one off road vehicle out there. It also has wolf wheels. This is a collector's vehicle but also a reliable daily driver. Most of these imports are in poor condition and this one is not. It has the usual military bumps on the body but they are fixable. I chose to leave it original as I love the hand-painted military look. It gets compliments wherever it goes. The 1986 is a soft top and very easy to drive - most likely used in the army. It is awesome and only has about 10k miles showing and a reconditioned engine! Nice canvas soft top and bench seats in the back! Camo paint.

Registered and titled in the state of California! This also rents to film companies so it can make you money!

LOOKING TO TRADE FOR A TOYOTA FJ CRUISER 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 I CAN THROW IN A LITTLE CASH FOR THE RIGHT TRADE.

I am not looking to sell - really want a trade because I need a bigger vehicle for a cycling trip I am taking and have to haul 4 bikes. Must be 2006 or newer vehicle and prefer 4runner or FJ cruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2014, 03:22 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Where were you last month? IvanKV (I think that's his name) was looking for you.
Old January 20th, 2014, 03:37 PM
KatieMo
Katie

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Where were you last month? IvanKV (I think that's his name) was looking for you.
I actually PM'd him a couple of months ago and never heard back. Even offered several grand cash for his cruiser.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2014, 03:39 PM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
not just because this is a rover forum... you should consider a Discovery of some vintage. They can't be beat for carrying bikes because of their cabin height in the storage area. Might be perfect for your trip.

Old January 20th, 2014, 05:40 PM
IvanKV
Ivan
'89 110 County - 200TDi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieMo View Post
I actually PM'd him a couple of months ago and never heard back. Even offered several grand cash for his cruiser.
That was my bad. IIRC it was a week or two before finals and I was swamped.
I am looking for a D90/110 RHD civilian and all you had were Ex-MOD LHD which, to be honest are not my cup of tea.
Old January 20th, 2014, 07:52 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Seriously? That would have been a perfect trade last month!
Old January 20th, 2014, 08:03 PM
KatieMo
Katie

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanKV View Post
That was my bad. IIRC it was a week or two before finals and I was swamped.
I am looking for a D90/110 RHD civilian and all you had were Ex-MOD LHD which, to be honest are not my cup of tea.
with 5 extra grand in your pocket a solid LHD or the RHD MOD could have had a new 200 TDI installed and some really nice seats and other trim!

oh well, someone out there will be on it. otherwise i just had a 16 grand cash offer locally.
Old January 21st, 2014, 11:59 AM
IvanKV
Ivan
'89 110 County - 200TDi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieMo View Post
with 5 extra grand in your pocket a solid LHD or the RHD MOD could have had a new 200 TDI installed and some really nice seats and other trim!

oh well, someone out there will be on it. otherwise i just had a 16 grand cash offer locally.
I thought it would have cost way more than that.... Damn
Old January 21st, 2014, 12:15 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanKV View Post
I thought it would have cost way more than that.... Damn
Yeah, in your wanted thread you should have told us this option was on the table - we would have told you to go for it instead of ignore it!
Old January 21st, 2014, 12:42 PM
IvanKV
Ivan
'89 110 County - 200TDi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Yeah, in your wanted thread you should have told us this option was on the table - we would have told you to go for it instead of ignore it!
Old February 8th, 2014, 01:58 AM
KatieMo
Katie

Registry
Hey all! Looking to sell now. California DMV is giving me trouble registering even though 1998 and prior diesel vehicles are exempt from smog. CA DMV is notoriously a pain and I don't have time for phone calls. Selling because I'm moving. I have all paperwork. Awesome truck... Bring your offers!!!
Old February 8th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

You need to post price and a few pictures wouldn't hurt either.good luck with the sale

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old February 8th, 2014, 09:23 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Why not swap for a 110 that already has a US title and cash one way or the other?
If you have the correct paperwork another state should give anew owner a title.
Or you can contact a title service to have them process your paperwork into a title for you.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Surf90
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
Why not swap for a 110 that already has a US title and cash one way or the other? If you have the correct paperwork another state should give anew owner a title. Or you can contact a title service to have them process your paperwork into a title for you.
I don't think the title is the issue. The problem is all of the sudden California is not allowing pre-1997 Diesel engines in without documentation from the manufacturer that they meet 2014 emission requirements .... And there seems to be no way a 80s rover v8 would pass smog. So pretty much California has completely screwed any hopes of defender imports.
Old February 9th, 2014, 08:20 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

OM617 is federalized and although California added an oxidizer it is CA approved.
Hmmm probably a few other reasons they won't accept it, but makes you wonder.

This also turns on a light bulb... we have been hearing for many years that USA does not like diesels, yet Jettas for example hold their valve, sell for a higher price than there petrol powered examples, and are rebuilt rather than junked like petrol versions... thinking of this example is this CA law why we hear that USA does not like diesels?
Where I live people DO LIKE DIESELS.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, land rover