1986 Land Rover 110 LHD 200tdi in New Hamburg, ON Canada - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:34 AM
aclarke
Andrew Clarke
1986 110 CSW 200tdi

1986 Land Rover 110 LHD 200tdi in New Hamburg, ON Canada

I’m selling my 1986 Land Rover 110. I’ve owned this vehicle for almost 11 years and have built it into the truck I want. It’s a solid truck with a good chassis, bulkhead, electricals and drivetrain. Modifications, recent fixes and upgrades include:

- 200tdi engine
- Wired for a winch. I have a winch but it needs a new motor, which is why it’s not on the truck at the moment.
- Galvanized brush bar included (also not on the truck)
- 1.5” or so lift
- Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 285/75R16 tires with matching spare.
- Electric cooling fan conversion with override switch and operation light
- 110v recirculating coolant heater. Much nicer than a block heater as it runs heated coolant through the heater core.
- Fuse panel upgraded to blade fuses. So much better than the stock glass fuse setup.
- Master electrical cut-off switch, useful for theft protection and as a last resort against an electrical fire.
- Secondary cut-off switch that can be wired to turn off the secondary battery, or the winch.
- Dual batteries, with National Luna battery isolator.
- Saab 9000 leather seats. Driver’s seat is ripped but they’re much more comfortable than stock seats.
- Trailer brake controller
- LED turn, marker, brake lights. JW Speaker in the front and Land Rover Genuine in the back.
- Heavy duty rear half-shafts
- Heavy duty rear radius arms
- Galvanized bulkhead
- Rear cross-member replaced a few years ago.
- 12v compressor in the back, along with secondary fuse panel and inverter
- 7-pin trailer wiring
- New fuel tank a couple years ago.
- Rebuilt turbo
- Transmission rebuilt last winter
- Mantec raised air intake
- Galvanized full roll cage from Whitbread off-road.
- Good quality heavy front floor mats. Don’t remember the brand off-hand.
- Detroit rear locking differential
- Alisport full-length intercooler
- X-brake parking brake disc conversion.

Things that are wrong:
- A lot of trim pieces are not on the truck. I have most of them, but they need to be re-attached. For example, part of the headliner, rear steps, back step, and lots of other little pieces. Overall I think this is the biggest mark against this truck. It just doesn’t look 10/10.
- There’s a small power steering leak.
- I just started hearing a small whining sound under load. I can’t replicate it at rest, so I suspect there may be a pinhole leak somewhere in the turbo system rather than an exhaust leak.
- I have a date with a welder/fabricator to fix three things: make a mount for the three switches beside the steering panel, weld a patch on the driver’s B-pillar to allow me to adjust the door better, and fix a hole in the air intake box.
- Windscreen washer doesn’t work. I think the pump wiring may be disconnected but I haven’t troubleshooted.
- The warning light panel needs to be replaced. I think this is about a $100 part but I just haven’t ordered it.
- This is not an exhaustive list, but should at least give you an honest picture of what you’re looking at.

This is a truck built for being used. It doesn’t have a fancy paint job or 20” aluminium rims, but it’s a solid vehicle you can get in and drive. Last year I spent about $7k having the electrical system, brakes, steering, and other safety-related systems professionally gone over, so while there’s always more to do to a 31 year old vehicle, this is a good one. I plan to continue to work on it as I’m advertising it for sale, doing things like putting the side steps back on, fixing the winch, cleaning up the interior, etc. I’m asking C$33,000 (about USD24,500), which makes this the cheapest LHD 110 wagon I can find for sale in the Canada at least. See https://www.dropbox.com/sh/29wkvafay...gy3yUcNXa?dl=0 for more photos and a very detailed video. Please email me or call me at 519-501-8539 for more details.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:51 AM
aclarke
Andrew Clarke
1986 110 CSW 200tdi

For those of you who might have seen my ad before I fixed the pricing in the post, let me clarify that. I'm asking C$33k, which is about US$24,500. I'd originally posted $33,000 as the price without clarifying the currency.

I also realize this may be a difficult import into the US, so please do your homework if you're based in the US and considering this vehicle.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 12:15 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Very nice truck, IMO. But I think it's safe to state that as is this truck does not meet the minimum criteria for permanent US entry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, 200tdi, land rover, lhd, tdi