1986 defender 90 3.5 v8. Just imported - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

1986 defender 90 3.5 v8. Just imported

Here for sale is my absolutely lovely condition all original defender 90 in cream/white with matching powder coated original wheels.

The whole chassis has been waxoiled and has no visible rust. Door bottoms are in excellent condition and are original with no rust on the bulkhead either. Remember this car is ALL ORIGINAL with no restoration done on the bodywork. Its has refurbished gearbox installed a few years ago and engine (3.5 rover v8 with twin carbs) runs beautifully.

It drives and sounds amazing on the road and has been getting a lot of attention. A very attractive and well maintained example of an appreciating classic with loads of receipts for previous repairs from previous owners and a complete original parts catalogue which will come with it.

Unfortunately im having to put it for sale due to personal reasons and i am heart broken to do so, but its only just been imported in to Philadelphia and has been parked until completion of u.s registration which i can continue till sale or leave it to the new buyer.

Not sure what to price it at, so im open to offers. Being original and in the condition its in i would expect top money for it.

Any further queries, please message me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	70768  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2013, 04:48 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Not sure what to price it at, so im open to offers. Being original and in the condition its in i would expect top money for it.
Would you consider $10-12k top money?
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
The only way for anybody to really judge the "top" value would be to see pictures of each foot well, bulkhead top corners, bulkhead sides, bulkhead just below the windshield, rear x-member from rear and below pointed backwards, as many of the frame, front frame horns, door bottoms, rear sides of doors, battery tray, and outriggers. Or view it in person, but since you posted it here you might as well put up more pictures.

You little rebel, I like you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2013, 05:32 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Nice looking truck. If you are out on the Main Line, feel free to swing by. I live right near haverford college. If you do, I am happy to look it over (and give a report to you and potential buyers no charge).
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:48 PM
evilfij
evilfij

I should also note that you pretty much have to title it or else the new buyer will have issues titling it.
Old April 25th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

Im based in springfield, pa, so not too far from you but to bring it round for a check will require me to put it on the road first. It still has its uk plates on there and unless someone can insure me to take it on the road, i can only drive it up and down my drive

I would really like an experienced set of local eyes to see it though, to give it a true assessment. Any chance you are able to drop by if you're ever in the area?
Old April 25th, 2013, 09:49 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Sure PM me your address.

I can also tell you what you need to title in PA.
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Would you consider $10-12k top money?
(X2)
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:28 AM
griffman
victor jones
1984 90 V8

Is this the car from South Wales?

I think so - caused a lot of interest here in the UK then it was gone!

So another piece of our motoring heritage crosses the pond to live a life of pampered luxury........................

In the UK things like rear crossmember replacement and bulkhead repairs are viewed pretty much as on-going maintenance - due of course to the bad weather and the amount of rock salt the authorities use to keep the roads free from ice in the winter - making winter tyres standard would be better for Landies, of course.

These early genuine V8 station wagons are beginning to attract strong money here in the uk.

Maybe the new owner should put it in a garage and then send it back here when the time is right!!
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

Well you're not far from its locality, i actually bought it from a very meticulous owner in Devon, southwest England. I loved it from the moment i saw it and i am absolutely gutted to be having to sell it now..

This is trully a well kept example..

As for the offers above, thats not even close to what i am thinking for the value of this example.
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:08 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Cool. Well the rules here stipulate you must provide a price, so let's see it.
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM
sloanfiske
Anthony Nelson
97 D90 SW

Registry
white rostyles=sexy
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:07 PM
evilfij
evilfij

So I met Shan and saw the 90. It is very nice. Much nicer than a 12k truck as suggested above. I told him to ask 20k but it is so hard to tell because there are none in this condition. There appears to be no appreciable rust in the bulkhead or the frame (which has been waxoyled for what looks like a very long time). The body panels are all straight. The paint though original shows very well for its age with chips and some peeling on the windscreen hinges. The door bottoms are solid with minor surface rust and maybe a previous repair or two. Engine is extremely clean and sound nice. Has a new exhaust. interior is very good and original other than for replacement carpets. Only negatives I could see was that it did have a rear crossmember replacement at some point (but no rust to speak of) and the front of the bumper has a very small bend on the right side.

One of the nicest original UK trucks I have seen. He is going to get some more pictures up soon.
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:58 PM
griffman
victor jones
1984 90 V8

Rear crossmembers are replaced often as the salt, mud and dirt is thrown up from the rear road wheels and lodges in the crevices - it is not seen as a big deal here as long as the correct type of crossmember for the model and year is fitted.

For instance a 1985 V8 with a TD5 crossmember would be frowned upon and de-value the vehicle by the cost of replacing it with the correct item - parts and labor about 650 pounds(950 $)
Old April 27th, 2013, 03:07 PM
evilfij
evilfij

I don't think it is a big deal at all I just wanted to mention it for any potential buyers. The crossmember is the correct spec with short extensions and appears to have been replaced properly.
Old April 27th, 2013, 03:21 PM
griffman
victor jones
1984 90 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I don't think it is a big deal at all I just wanted to mention it for any potential buyers. The crossmember is the correct spec with short extensions and appears to have been replaced properly.
it looks lovely

Given the prices of 90's/Defenders generally in the US I would think such a prime example would be worth 20 thousand of anybody's bucks - original Factory V8 station wagons are very very rare - most of them got turned into monster off-roaders/ Bowler Wildcats etc and have long since departed this earth!

It is worth about ten thousand pounds here (16000 dollars) so by the time you pay for shipping/duty/tax etc then 20 000 smackers is about right.
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:29 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments and thanks to Ron for popping down to give it a check out.

Unfortunately ive been really tied up with work and not had the opportunity to upload any newer pics. This will hopefully be done by the weekend, with photos of all the usual trouble areas, which are not evident on my model.

Im in the process of getting local state tags, but this takes a bit of time and i wont sell till their on there.
Old May 10th, 2013, 05:25 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Do we have a price yet?
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:50 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Shan is waiting to get his PA title.
Old July 14th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

I would like to apologise for not returning with any further details. Unfortunately im going through a divorce and have had a lot of things to sort out. Its a contributing reason for selling her but im not under any pressure to get rid of her (i mean the defender )

The PA tags are going to be applied for and once its in the road i will come back with a sale. Im getting interest from within my neighbourhood too, so i may get lucky. Been starting it regularly and riving it up and down on the drive, and it still runs beautifully.

Pics will be made available very soon.

Watch this space....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, defender, v8