1986 defender 90 3.5 v8. Just imported - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old July 20th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

I have now decided to put it up for sale. Its been getting a lot of interest from people passing by and i have had others value it.
Im now putting it up for $24k and open to offers.
Its advertised on ebay and craigslist

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...#ht_742wt_1021

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/3943776901.html

For any further information and further pics, please send me your email address and il get them across. Personal circumstances have put me into this position to sell it.

Thanks for looking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2013, 09:02 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Sorry you are selling it Shan. Good luck with the sale (and the divorce).
Old July 29th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

Bump

Ive had a few very interested people but no turn ups... Is this normal in the U.S?

Im open to offers as stated in my ad. Any pictures are available on request.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2013, 06:50 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Shan unfortunately flakes and no shows are all too common when you list something on Craigslist. Ill be honest as nice as the truck appears in the pics and Rons glowing review certainly helps but what no one is mentioning here is that a right hand drive vehicle is going to be worth alot less money in the states.
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
x2 on what John said

Shan,

recently, ( maybe 2 month ago - Also in PA area ) there was an equally if not nicer D90, in the US, it was LHD, better equipped and sold for 18k.

Also, a V8 3.5 carb doesn't have many followers, and those who buy them, will pay accordingly to what might be perceived as nothing special, the tidy condition of yours will not increase value but rather increase the amount of potential buyers.

In my opinion, you will have a sale at 12,000 to 14,000

Best with the sale

P.S. Mods, if you consider this statement not appropriate to the for sale, do whatever you want with it, my intentions are nothing but an attempt to assist with a different point of view
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:11 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
That's what I tried explaining to him when he was trying to figure out a price, but the seller wants what the seller wants. Others in the UK tried to explain that this may be one of those rare instances where it is actually worth more in the UK than the US, but it's a little late for that. I think a lot of people would be happy to sell their NAS D90 for $24k, so I really hope that the seller gets the price he's looking for, as it'll only help us all out. Good luck with the sale, Shan - we're ultimately all just trying to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
x2 on what John said

Shan,

recently, ( maybe 2 month ago - Also in PA area ) there was an equally if not nicer D90, in the US, it was LHD, better equipped and sold for 18k.

Also, a V8 3.5 carb doesn't have many followers, and those who buy them, will pay accordingly to what might be perceived as nothing special, the tidy condition of yours will not increase value but rather increase the amount of potential buyers.

In my opinion, you will have a sale at 12,000 to 14,000

Best with the sale

P.S. Mods, if you consider this statement not appropriate to the for sale, do whatever you want with it, my intentions are nothing but an attempt to assist with a different point of view
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

I'm not sure what it is worth in England, but have a feeling you will end up ahead selling it over here.
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
FWIW, Here is a similar rig that just sold in the UK for a comp;

http://www.mmperformance.co.uk/land-...sa-exportable/

GLWS!

Note to moderators: If you consider my statement not appropriate to the for sale, do whatever you want with it, my intention is only to provide an alternative reference point.
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:42 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
FWIW, Here is a similar rig that just sold in the UK for a comp;

http://www.mmperformance.co.uk/land-...sa-exportable/

GLWS!

Note to moderators: If you consider my statement not appropriate to the for sale, do whatever you want with it, my intention is only to provide an alternative reference point.
And who knows what it sold for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
guaranteed it sold for more than it is worth in the UK....as soon as you see "exportable" int he description those buggers in the UK know what it will sell for in the US
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

Thank you to everyone for the response. I appreciate everyones advice and guidance. Im not as experienced as the guys here so i wont pretend to know everything. I guess the asking price is higher than expected for this, but i have stated that i am open to offers too. Anything offered will always be considered.
Although vehicles back in the UK are cheaper, it is because there is much more choice available. Prices are always reflected from a supply and demand perspective. Seeing as the NAS defenders attract prices over and above $30k, it is because theyre still desirable. A UK import equivalent wont be as pricey as it will most likely be rhd and obviously older. However, for someone who cannot afford a NAS spec, the imports are the next best option so there is still demand for these here and thats why they will be priced higher than UK prices. So i do not see how values can be judged on UK sales.

Ive seen many imports get sold on ebay and classifieds around 15k which still require work and have rust. The one on the link after all import costs, duties and fees will be costing around 16-18k, add in the profit margin and i can expect to see an asking price similar to mine.

As ive said, im open to offers and a sale will be made at the right price for both parties.
Obviously, id rather keep it, but my circumstances dont allow that.

No intention to offend anyone, buts its just my own perspective from the limited research i have done.
Old August 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Is it licensed & registered yet?
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

Yes, registered with a clean PA title.
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Shan:

The reason I posted a link to the ad is because it was the closest rig I could find to yours- in terms of spec, age and condition. It was a tad newer with less miles, but even with another $4k on top for a RORO import, it would still be here for $18k. So I'm not sure why anyone would pay $6k more to get yours, although having it here in the US & titled is definitely a plus!

I don't think it's fair to compare a UK spec 90 to a NAS. NAS have fuel injection, disc brakes all round, more power, A/C (in some cases), a roll cage and are all newer than the 25 years old the UK ones are.

If I were selling it, I'd fit a set of D1 alloys, put new carpet in, rattle can the fender flares black, basically make it look like a NAS, then start the bidding low (shown to get more bids) with a realistic reserve.

Very sorry to hear of your predicament, hope it sells for what you want!

Cheers,

Paul.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

I agree with what your saying and welcome the advice. Unfortunately i do not have the time or the investment available to turn it into a NAS lookalike. Theres more stuff i wouldve liked to have done to it, but you can understand my current situation.

As for the price, if asking price is going to turn people away then im happy to lower it. However, when does anyone ever get their asking price anyway unless they have an extremely rare car or a desperate buyer. Im in neither of these positions. I am open to offers, no matter what it is.

New price is $19k if it helps to improve interest.
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

Bump

Still available.
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Shan
Shan
Defender 90 3.5 V8

Was taken off sale for a bit while attending personal situation.

Now back in again and bumping this thread again.

Asking price $19k OBO. Please Pm me.

Ebay link of it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221316774979...84.m1555.l2649
Old November 18th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Can you pm me your number?
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
I just bought Shan's rig. I'll post pics and a list of planned mods/updates soon.

Thanks to Shan for being great to work with, and also to Eviljij for all his help.
Old December 5th, 2013, 05:20 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Bummer. That 90 is probably rarer than NAS. Sad to see it hacked up..errrr I mean modified if thats what you'd call putting on Disco wheels and rattle canning the fender flares. That truck in factory condition (and a replacement rear cross member has no bearing) will continue to appreciate. Every dollar you spend "modifying" this 90 will be two dollars off the return (dollar) value.

That said, sweet ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
90, defender, v8