1986 110 Sation Wagon - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old May 9th, 2006, 11:11 AM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
We should definitely talk about the "grey" subject on another thread outside the "for sale" area.
It is an interesting subject, and I am sure weighs heavily on Rover fans minds, as prices for 110 in the US are very high.
For all that it's worth, no hard feelings on my part Steve. I have been a Landy owner for over 25 years, and consider all Rover fans my bros.

Working on pics guys, hope to get some to you by tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2006, 11:30 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

is it "grey" or "gray", ? Nah just messing with you
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:32 AM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsiderob
FWIW, I would really like to see such a thread also. It would be nice to have a definitive answer as to what is legal and what is not as far as importation, frame swapping, and engine swapping go. Links to relative government information would be great, too. There is a lot of internet misinformation out there and it would be great to clear this up once and for all. Maybe Chris or Mike can split this thread.
I don't want to crap on anyone's "for sale" thread because I don't think it's right. I will say that as a retired Highway Patrolman, I have considerable expertise on this subject (excluding importation). If another thread is started I would be happy to share what I know if others are interested. I would reiterate that I am retired and have no interest either way what someone does with their vehicle if it does not affect me directly. As individuals, everybody weighs the risk/reward factor and makes their own decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2006, 11:47 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

What happened to Mountain Rovers? I was in Billings last weekend and tried to drop in and visit. I tried to visit last yeat in September as well. No one in the area knew where he was and there was an RV parked in front of the shop. I heard a guy named Mike had bought out Terry and was hoping to meet him as they have a lot of useable parts hanging about.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:30 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Talking

Hey Aaron, LOL, could be gray or grey bu definitely not gay!
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

Seems like this has potential to be a sweet deal. Since this is a 'defender' site I would expect someone to jump on this oppertunity not lambast the guy for offering it up. Grey or not what is the difference, is it still a defender? If you don't want it don't worry about it.

So guys chill out.... and someone buy this quick before I start a new project!
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

If Mike wants to split it he can, if not I will when I get home tonight. It would be a good discussion.

Follow-up Post:

NM.. one is already going in the Chit-Chat section.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:07 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

Thread Topics: For Sale, Importing & Legality

This is an interesting thread in many ways. First, there's an awesome sounding truck with an unfortunate recent history for sale. Then there's the history of how it came to be licensed. And lastly, there's the question of legality when licensing non-NAS vehicles. As was suggested by several participants, I started a thread on the last issue.

Best of luck to the seller (thewap?) finding the right buyer for his truck.
Old May 9th, 2006, 02:41 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Marc's a good guy he said what it was, legal or illegal the buyer knows the truth. I think he was standup about it, he could of put it on ebay or lrx and sold it with no disclaimer, to be honest marc if you can get a price on shipping to st. louis I will buy it from you if the pics are good.
Old May 9th, 2006, 03:24 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Working on some pics now, but it started raining so not completely done. Will start emailing what I have so far.
I appreciate the support. It is what it is and I believe a screaming deal. Like I said originally the truck needs work.
Sandblasting and POR15 the frame is a definite. Some repair to the lip of the rear cross member would be in order
as 2" Rust piece needs fixing. Truck should be repainted to care for minor bubble rust rash under paint on some doors, and hood hinges. Interior needs looking after, new dash cap, and lower cap. I believe I have a new power steering pump
for it in a box. Suspension is good, engine was good 5 years ago, but since it's been sitting, it will need cleaning up and tune up. New snorkel needed (some devil took it off), and minor dash electrics, lamps need looking after etc.

For starting price at $5K, I figure it's a fair deal, with the wheels, bumpers, Milemarker winch, sliders, OME's, rack and straight body panels. At that price you can throw in a new 3.9 or 4.1, a 380 tranny, repaint it, tune it, detail it, and believe me you will have invested way less than you would a NAS 110.
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:22 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Sale Pending! Will Notify If It Falls Through.
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM
Mils
Ed/Miller
'95 Defender ST

Marc - I am interested in your '86 110 and live in maryland. Would like to drive up and take a look. Please call me or email me at 301-286-8727 or Emiller@pop400.gsfc.nasa.gov.

Thanks - EMM
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:05 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
hi, sorry it Sold.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags