Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old October 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Dave Thiessen
Dave Thiessen
85 Land Rover 110

Registry
1985 ROW RHD 110 SW- San Diego

This is mostly for any San Diego CA interested buyers. I explain below:
For sale is my ROW 1985 RHD 110 SW. The truck is driveable. I drove it everyday from my home in PB to Miramar where I work for the last year. I took several surf trips up to San Clemente as well as many trips down to surf IB and some mountain driving around El Cajon. My main vehicle was a subaru forester that blew head gaskets and left me "project stranded" and putting the truck on hold because I needed it as working vehicles.
There are pluses and minuses all over this truck. I have electronic copies of all my invoices that you can review if you please.
I'll start with the Minus.
Bulkhead and door rust. The bulkhead eventually needs to be removed and welded up proper. problem areas are the foot wells, interior down pillars and on the exterior lower corners. Nothing around the windscreen, but near the RH vent wing it's showing some rot. Normal lower door issues.
It currently is only running rear 10 spline axles because the CVs were shot and I wanted to convert to 24spline. It is running off a soild 10spline diff off a RRC.
Turbo needs to be rebuilt.
The Pluses.
4 wheel disc brakes. New brake lines up front.
New clutch master and slave cylinders
New BFG AT 165 75 R16 Tires
Steel Wheels from D1
The 2.8 Isuzu TDI is a torque machine and one helluva diesel fuel economy engine, but it is not a top end machine. Plan at most to get 65 mph.
Mechanical Diff lock works great.
It is fun as hell to drive.
The extras: ALL parts bought from Safari HP or from YRM in England.
I have new fender skirts.
I have YRM (From england) stainless steel metal to repair all 4 doors and the bulkhead including the foot wells.
Rear quarter panel to replace the rear left side (cant see it in the picture)
New door, hatch, and roof rubber for the entire truck
New mirrors in box
The big one: A full length Safety Devices roll cage 50/50 exterior/interior disassembled and still in its crating.
What do you need to figure out is basically some new axles (easy), the turbo rebuild, and the rust repair localized to the doors and bulkhead. I'd start with the doors and then maybe spot fix the bulkhead where you can before you pull it. Pulling the bulkhead is going to take some time. I have a contact for you to get brand new door skins in stainless steel for $600 for all four including shipping from england.
I am selling this truck because it's looking like i'm on the short list to leave the military. Not getting court marshaled or anything, but i'm ready to try my hand at flying outside the corps and this is just one Achilles heel (albeit a heartbreaking one) that i need to free myself from. Thinking about it now, I think it'll sadden my son more than me. This truck is my only vehicle. With some TIME and DIY, you'll have an insanely awesome truck worth much more than I'm selling it for. I have $32K in the truck with parts, shipping, service... etc. and I know I cant get all that out of it.
The truck is currently at British Auto Repair 3770 Hancock St, San Diego, CA (619) 298-9020, the owner, Paul, has told me he's willing to show the truck because there's been a lot of interest from his other clients.
I'm currently located in the middle of Afghanistan with my squadron (not a scam). My wife, in SC, can ship the title to Paul if youíre interested in buying the truck. Paul might be a great resource to have work on the truck for things you canít tackle yourself. I dont have many pictures on hand but my wife is digging through her files to get some more to me. As i get them i'll put them up.
For forum members i'm asking $16K for the truck, $18K with all the extra parts. Hard I know to gleen interest outside of SD for lack of photos. I'll try to get some more up soon. This truck is posted on craigslist in SD. Most of the local SD forum guys have seen the truck, I'll deflect to them with thier permission if you need some outside opinion.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	85 110 LR.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	82207  
00 DII- RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2013, 01:54 PM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Please let me know if you are interested in selling the SD cage separately. GLWS, looks like a decent deal.

Old October 25th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Dave Thiessen
Dave Thiessen
85 Land Rover 110

Registry
bump
00 DII- RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Surf90
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi

Registry
Ah. I want this.
Old October 26th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Surf90
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi

Registry
Dave do you want a 2001 BMW 325xiT wagon with 90k miles. Sport package. Immaculate shape. ??

Long shot, but thought if toss it in the pot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-605843221.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	531.4 KB
ID:	82986

Cheers
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:30 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf90 View Post
Dave do you want a 2001 BMW 325xiT wagon with 90k miles. Sport package. Immaculate shape. ?? Long shot, but thought if toss it in the pot. Cheers
Didn't you already sell your truck? Is that what it was replaced with?!
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Dave Thiessen
Dave Thiessen
85 Land Rover 110

Registry
You know, I remember when you were thinking about getting rid of your 90 and then seeing it at Las Olas and being happy you didn't. I've had so many second thoughts about this. This for sale ad is coming down. I'm keeping my damn truck.
00 DII- RIP
Old October 27th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Surf90
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Thiessen View Post
You know, I remember when you were thinking about getting rid of your 90 and then seeing it at Las Olas and being happy you didn't. I've had so many second thoughts about this. This for sale ad is coming down. I'm keeping my damn truck.
Good call. I was just about to say that selling my truck is a HUGE regret. To answer Josh's question, no, the wagon didn't replace the 90. Only another Defender will do that. I think I had to lose it to realize how much I loved it.
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Jbullis
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3

Registry
Dave, wanted me to post for him:

He has decided to keep the vehicle, so he is not selling it. Thanks for the interest....
Old October 30th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Bravo!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, 1985, rhd, san diego