Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 15th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Apocalypse Vehicle
Evian Degree
none yet
1985 Defender 90 For Sale

I'm thinking about selling my 1985 LHD petrol D90. I bought it a month ago and have had some problems registering it in the suck $ss state of CA after the dmv put it in the system when I didn't want them to. I was just going to go to another dmv but it was too late. Had to go to chp and that didn't go well even though it's got dot windows and other things on it from it's importation they wanted me to go to carb. I love the car and If I don't sell it then I have a couple other options of registering out of state. It's got 84,000 original miles on it and runs great. I have been driving it everyday with no problems. LT77 is tight and feels like new, an experienced rover guy said it was the best one he's ever felt. Suspension is tight, brakes tight...low mileage cars are great. It's all original nothing has been tampered with and everything works on it except for the temp gauge and it looks to be caused by the wire not being connected to the engine. Everything else works horn front and rear wipers, lights, cig lighter and power ect. Very clean no rust rot or holes anywhere. Bulkhead is solid, doors solid, frame is solid, has surface rust underneath, but solid, rear crossmember solid. I was planning to put a tdi in it very soon but I may sell it and get a early series car just to avoid the hassle of CA. It's currently registered in CT but located in Long Beach CA. I spoke with the office in washington and they told me it had been imported in 1985, besides that it's all I know of it's importation. The only piece I would say could use replacement if you want the car perfect would be the left panel where the lights and license plate mount to just above the rear crossmember. It was eaten up from the salt on the east coast. When I got the car there was ton of dirt just sitting behind it on top of the crossmember. Luckily it didn't eat the crossmember though. I found the factory one for 100 euro and brit part and simmonites has it for 50 euro. Would have to drill the rivets out and replace it. I included a link to part I'm talking about down below for those who don't know what I'm talking about. Other than that the car is very clean. It's also on ebay so you can check other pics there, if there are pictures of something specific you would like to see, don't hesitate to ask. $16,500 O.B.O. 310 447-1209

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0595.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	42048   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0557.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	42049  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0561.jpg