Titled and registered in Texas. Truck is located in Austin.
Factory LHD (from Belize). 300 Tdi swap and general refurbish performed about 3 years/10k miles ago. Work by Shane Ballensky (RoverHybrids) and Jim Pendleton (Pendy).
Recent service includes AC recharge, all oil and fluids changed, front axle swivel seals on both sides (with one-shot grease), new fuel pump, new crank case hose, resealed oil pan and transfercase. (Undercarriage pics in Flickr album are BEFORE this service).
The truck runs great; I completed a 2k+ mile cross-country road trip with it in July with no major issues. It could use a new rear crossmember at some point and a couple of the doors have some minor rust on the bottom, but they’re repairable. I had one area of the frame patched after I bought it and it’s since been Waxoyled. I have lots of pics available of repairs and the conversion (see flickr link). Invoices for all parts and work performed available upon request.
Have been using mostly B100 since I’ve had it, and it runs great. I average about 20 mpg in town on biodiesel; higher on the highway with regular diesel (up to 24 mpg at 55-60 mph). More details:
– 300 Tdi from a Discovery with supposedly 40,000 miles (but I can’t verify). All new injectors, new custom (larger) aluminum radiator, etc.
– 1.4 LT230 rebuilt by Rob Dassler (Southwest Rovers, ABQ, NM) 10k miles ago. Just resealed, doesn’t leak.
– Correct LHD 300 Tdi wiring harness
Axles and brakes
– Rear Salisbury from a ’93 NAS 110 with stock drum brakes; front original 110 axle with DBA gold rotors.
– Genuine Land Rover HD springs with Bilstein shocks.
– Rebuilt steering box from Meridian installed <1 year ago. Doesn’t leak.
– original frame with VIN clearly visible on passenger side frame horn. One small area was cut out and replaced (see flickr pics), but the frame is solid and was Waxoyled inside and out 2 years ago.
– has some holes, could stand to be replaced at some point in the future.
Body & Paint
– Originally Masai Red, now Willow Green; not a great paint job. Looks ok from 10’.
– Tub, wings, and bonnet from original truck; later model pushbutton doors and roof.
Front and middle row seats in Moorland cloth (from NAS 110); new
foam bottoms in front.
D90-style dash with VDO gauges (speedometer, voltmeter, fuel, EGT)
NTO AC unit (Elite) from 2006 truck; system just recharged
Exmoor R380 molded acoustic mat
Lots of new or NTO bits (seat box, seat box lids, interior trim pieces, etc.)
Tires & Wheels
285/75r16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R (older generation, non-Kevlar) with lots of tread left; 2 full size spares, both worn
- Mantec sliders, snorkel, rear tire carrier
- Milford cargo barrier
- Barry’s Mantec-style window screens (great for the dog)
- Buck’s milled aluminum black wing vent (passenger side only; not installed)
- cheap paint job; paint is bubbling and peeling below fuel filler from biodiesel spillage and a couple other spots are chipped or peeling
- some minor water ingress from passenger side windshield corner and driver side footwell during heavy rain
- minor rust on door bottoms, but repairable
- could use a new rear crossmember
- headliner is the fuzzy fabric type and has some water stains (which would probably clean up, but I’ve never tried)
- front tires rub at full lock
- no dome light, missing a couple dash switches
PM with any questions, or ask away here. I love the truck, only selling to buy a house.