Located in Raleigh/Durham, NC.
Asking $14,900 obo
Almost 50 pictures at the following address: http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/buyrovers/84%20Defender%20Truck%20Cab/
This 90 was rebuilt around 18 months ago to be reliable and strong, money was not wasted on making it pretty. It has very presentable body work, with one pretty standard crease behind the left rear wheel. Otherwise the body is very straight. The pick-up cab top is dented (cab sides are very straight, top is dented), but it seems like it would straighten out pretty good with no real stretched aluminum.
- New galvanized chassis
- Recon front axle and a rear (Salisbury) axle!
- New springs/shocks/polly bushes etc...
- Wolf rims and 235/85r16 BFG M/T'S (90%)
- Disc brakes all round (new discs/pads/calipers)
- Power steering (recon box/drop arm/pump....)
- LT77 trans was built using a new main shaft etc..
- Recon transfer box was built using a new input gear so its as strong as it can be with no "clonk" on uptake when changing gear
- Custom prop was made to mate to the Salisbury back axle, new prop used for the front
- Daihatsu 2.8 TDI installed using a UK "off the shelf" kit
- New clutch
- New cam belt
- Bulkhead replaced with a solid example
- A pair of nice (but not perfect) push button doors
- A pair of very nice low mileage seats were fitted (OE grey vinyl)
- Nice c/d player
- Also comes with an iFor Williams aluminum bed topper
ON THE ROAD
This 90 runs very strong. Much better acceleration than my 200TDI 90. It is a very smooth running diesel. Steering is responsive and nice and tight. I drove it from Charleston, SC to Raleigh, NC (4.5 hours) just the other day with no problem. Will easily cruise at 75+ with tons more left if you want it to go faster.