Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:43 PM
Karl Hungus
Buck Rogers
1984 Defender 110 with 200 TDi

Registry
1984 Land Rover 110 Hardtop RHD 200TDi for sale

I have a red/limestone original Country Station Wagon Land Rover 110 RHD 200 TDi that I would like to sell.

I bought it from a dealer in England and had it shipped over to me in early 2013.

I have had it at West Point, NY and it is currently at my Dad's place in Newbury, Vermont and I just received orders to PCS to Germany for the next 6 years. Figured that I would try to sell it as opposed to keeping it at my Dad's place the next six years.

Looking to get back what I paid for it, the shipping and the new waterpump, steering box and a few cosmetics that I fixed (replaced the steps as some were wearing out).

It can honestly say that it does not have any rust anywhere on it which was a big selling point for me when I bought it.

It is not perfect as the seats are worn and the heater does not work perfectly, etc but it is solid and has started every time I turned it over and run fine, esp with the new steering box. The tires probably need replacing but it is currently inspected and registered in Vermont. Besides it needing some new tires (and it did pass inspection with current tires) it should be good to go.

It is the one in my avatar photo and I'll try to get some more photos as well.

Asking $19,500 for it. I cannot ship it or bring it to anyone as I am currently getting ready for my PCS move here at West Point but my Dad can show it to you anytime you like. You just need to get to Newbury to check it out.

Thanks,
Buck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:50 PM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
Great price based on description. Wish I was closer.
GLWS and PCS!
Old June 2nd, 2016, 04:59 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Agree, sounds like a great truck. Was it originally a NAD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2016, 05:03 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Only an hour and a half from me, cool truck!
Old June 2nd, 2016, 09:23 PM
fastinjun
Mitch
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
I have a red/limestone original Country Station Wagon Land Rover 110 RHD 200 TDi that I would like to sell.

I bought it from a dealer in England and had it shipped over to me in early 2013.

I have had it at West Point, NY and it is currently at my Dad's place in Newbury, Vermont and I just received orders to PCS to Germany for the next 6 years. Figured that I would try to sell it as opposed to keeping it at my Dad's place the next six years.

Looking to get back what I paid for it, the shipping and the new waterpump, steering box and a few cosmetics that I fixed (replaced the steps as some were wearing out).

It can honestly say that it does not have any rust anywhere on it which was a big selling point for me when I bought it.

It is not perfect as the seats are worn and the heater does not work perfectly, etc but it is solid and has started every time I turned it over and run fine, esp with the new steering box. The tires probably need replacing but it is currently inspected and registered in Vermont. Besides it needing some new tires (and it did pass inspection with current tires) it should be good to go.

It is the one in my avatar photo and I'll try to get some more photos as well.

Asking $19,500 for it. I cannot ship it or bring it to anyone as I am currently getting ready for my PCS move here at West Point but my Dad can show it to you anytime you like. You just need to get to Newbury to check it out.

Thanks,
Buck
Interested, PM Sent
Old June 3rd, 2016, 12:12 PM
jglennaz1
John Glenn
1994 Defender 90 N0 36

Very interested,
Can you send me some pictures.
My info is as follows
Jglennaz@gmail.com
520-465-7449. Call or text pictures
Or pm me here at the resource.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 01:04 PM
Karl Hungus
Buck Rogers

Registry
Since there has been some interest, I will travel up to my Dad's place next weekend and try to get a ton of photos and post them when I get back.

I'll try to get the floors, the bottoms of the door, under the hood, the undercarriage as best as possible, etc.

Thanks for looking,
Buck
Old June 3rd, 2016, 03:17 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
GLWTS. Check this out. I brought this one in from NZ a few years ago. The buyer/new owner's wife took it to an an event in Florida where Rovers North happened to be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2523963213.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	530.2 KB
ID:	150890  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:02 PM
Karl Hungus
Buck Rogers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
GLWTS. Check this out. I brought this one in from NZ a few years ago. The buyer/new owner's wife took it to an an event in Florida where Rovers North happened to be.
Ha! Yup, that's her!

I do really love her but I do not see the sense of leaving it at my Dad's place while I finish my time in the Army in Germany over the next six years.

Might as well sell it and save some money and try to find one in Europe to bring back with me in six years.

Thanks for posting the pic form the magazine.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 08:50 PM
havens51
joseph
'97 NAS D90 ST, '88 D110, '16 LR 4

Registry
Red 110

Mileage please?
Old June 10th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Karl Hungus
Buck Rogers

Registry
ALCON: I am headed up to my Dad's tomorrow to get a bunch of photos and info. I will update the listing here on Monday if I can figure out how to post photos. Thank you all for your patience.
Old June 13th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Karl Hungus
Buck Rogers

Registry
Just back from my Dad's. I took 146 photos of every piece of it that I could. I am going to try to set up some way to have a file that has all of them available.

I really want any one interested to know exactly what they are getting. I am not trying to make any money on this, I am not a dealer, I actually hate selling stuff. I just do not want to have it in my dad's yard sitting there while I am gone for the next 6 years.

It has been sitting at my dad's for a year now without being driven and when I went to turn it over the battery was, of course, dead (It was a new battery as of 2014). I threw my dad's travel jump start box on it and it immediately started right up. I drove it off his lot, down town and turned around and came back without issue. Totally runs fine. Steering is stiff, might have been low on power steering fluid. Other than that, perfect.

Then I parked it and let it idle while I took all the photos.

I am attaching the Vermont registration as someone wanted to see that. Someone also asked about the Title. I called the Vermont DMV and when I registered it in 2013 they did not issue a Title as it was over 25 years old and it did not come with a Title as I bought it directly from England. As that might be an issue for some I have been trying to call them back today to see if I can get a Title issued but the phone has been completely busy the whole time and they do not have a hold system in their phone set up.

The Vermont DMV lays out their policy on titles on their webpage so you can double check to make sure that I am not trying to sell you a line here about the title. If I can ever get through to them, I will update about the Title.

Someone else was wondering original mileage. I have a photo of it but the mileage is 225,836. That includes the original V8 motor it came with. I have only driven it 538 miles since I bought it as I only used it to commute and run the Boy Scouts around and driving it on post until I ran it up to my Dad's last year and replaced the steering box/water pump, fan and fan belt.

Thanks all for your patience.

Hopefully I'll have a link to photos soon.
Buck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf registration.pdf (256.8 KB, 43 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
110, 1984, 200tdi, for sale, hardtop, land rover, rhd, tdi, top