Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old April 16th, 2014, 10:16 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
1984 Defender 110 V-8

Well, I finally got the word that the Air Force will take my family and I back to Europe in August. This time to lovely England. Due to this, I am selling the Defender so a) I can buy another one when I get there, and b) because I dread lugging it there and back. It's truly a great and fun truck that I've got running very well. I bought the truck in 2010 while I was stationed in Germany from a dealer in Holland. When I bought the truck it had 38 inch super scampers and drove like shit. Now, with new bushings, suspension and springs it drives awesome. I'm only asking what paid for it, plus upgrades, plus what it cost me to ship, plus import fees. Below is a list of the good and bad of the truck. I am only posting a few pics at the moment and will take very detailed pics of the frame, interior, and problem spots this weekend. Please PM me with any questions.

Price: $17,500
Location: Clovis, NM/Cannon AFB ( I would be willing to drive it up Amarillo if you want to meet on I-40)
3.5L V-8
133,xxx miles

Pros/upgrades:
Bilstein Springs/Genuine HD springs/poly bushings installed in 2011, about a 2 or 3 inch lift
285/75r16 KM2 mud terrain tires
OME steering damper installed in 2012
The coveted boost wheels
Functioning LPG system
-the truck is duel fuel and can run on either petrol or propane, I bought a UK to ACME adapter so you can fill up at most any propane place
Intellitronix digital temp gauge
Sweet tire cover
Gary Johnson Presidential sticker
Flowmaster 40 series muffler, and oh man does it sound sweet
LT-77 transmission rebuilt in early 2000s, I have a receipt with date
Aftermarket leather seats
Mantec window guards in rear
Brush guards on all lights
Aftermarket grille and headlight surrounds
It appears that new door tops have been installed all around, I didn't do it, smarter people will be able to tell when I post detailed pics this weekend
New door bottoms in front
Repaired footwells
New rear brakes
New rear tires
X-9 winch
Snorkel (not hooked up at moment)
Roof rack (have it off at the moment for better gas mileage)
High lift jack
I have installed new carpet in front as well as dynamat underneath
The frame is in good condition, it was coated in something, I was told waxoly while it was still in England, it looks dirty but it seems to just be dirt and corrosion attached to whatever the frame is coated in, I will include some pics where I have scratched off the coating to reveal the black frame

The Cons (or character as I like to call it)/things I haven't had time to fix:
The winch will only run in, not out, it seems to be the contact on the out switch is not working, guessing a simple fix
The passenger side door has to be opened from the outside, inside latch won't work, seems to be simple as well
I broke the speedo cable while installing the new temp gauge and have been too lazy to fix, put 1300 miles on my iPhone speedometer
-the plus side is that I have a matching intellitronix speedometer that I will include in the sale, you would just need to get the gps sending unit, or you can just buy a new speedo cable
There is some rust. I just ran out and took pics of in my garage so you can see.
-one on the passenger side bulkhead, one on the driver side bulkhead, one on the lower ride side by the driver door, and the rear door bottoms are shot.
-doesn't bother me but it might bother you, will post better pics this weekend
The A frame ball joint needs to be replaced, I have the part and will include in sale, still drives fine but you can hear that it needs replacing
The heater works but only on low, it is wired to an after market switch on the dash as the original fan switch is missing
The off-road light on top don't work at the moment, rewired them two weeks ago,they worked and now they don't, it is wired through the fog light switch on the column so I think the fuse is blown or the relay I installed blew, haven't had time to investigate
The rear swing door won't lock with the key but will lock from the inside
It has an alarm installed and but not wired up, I think they uninstalled it for the boat ride and I just didn't care to chase the wire, have 2 clickers that goes with it
It needs a headliner

I'm sure I forgot some stuff but that is a good start I guess. It's pretty much my daily driver, runs great, cruises at 65 on level terrain even in the wind. I also have an Edelbrock 1404 carb that would sell as well if you are interested in ditching the SU carbs. I like them, but to each his own. If you are looking for a half way restored truck that is already here, this is it. Please let me know what questions you have.

Cheers,
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2967107005.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	466.3 KB
ID:	93206   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-54671489.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	541.5 KB
ID:	93207  

Name:	image-1145798529.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	718.3 KB
ID:	93208   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1004612785.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	751.8 KB
ID:	93209  

Name:	image-3654443859.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	561.5 KB
ID:	93210   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3198586216.jpg
Views:	338
ID:	93211  

Name:	image-1467391132.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	93212   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3891941639.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	93213  

Name:	image-3023358805.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	93214   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3067181821.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	424.3 KB
ID:	93215  

Name:	image-929779187.jpg
Views:	268
ID:	93216   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-62115360.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	93217  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2014, 10:22 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
Glad it posted the best part of the truck 3 times...it's the same pic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2746229954.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	616.0 KB
ID:	93218  
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:03 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
Man, not even a GLWS? Stayed tuned, more pictures coming tomorrow. I will be in Albuquerque for some training starting 13 May for a month if that is closer to anyone and you would like to test drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2014, 12:05 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
GLWS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old April 18th, 2014, 12:08 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Nice grill,

GLWS

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:10 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Wow, actually a very reasonable price for a running 110. The usual suspects are there but at least you divulged everything and no one is buying this thing sight unseen from some of the guys who are wholesaling them into NA.

GLWS, cool truck
Old April 18th, 2014, 01:38 PM
bigkel162
Kelvin Nodarse
1995 county lwb

Registry
Glws that is nice 110.
Old April 18th, 2014, 02:49 PM
KSARover110
Dan
1983 Rover 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpick View Post
Well, I finally got the word that the Air Force will take my family and I back to Europe in August. This time to lovely England. Due to this, I am selling the Defender so a) I can buy another one when I get there, and b) because I dread lugging it there and back. It's truly a great and fun truck that I've got running very well. I bought the truck in 2010 while I was stationed in Germany from a dealer in Holland. When I bought the truck it had 38 inch super scampers and drove like shit. Now, with new bushings, suspension and springs it drives awesome. I'm only asking what paid for it, plus upgrades, plus what it cost me to ship, plus import fees. Below is a list of the good and bad of the truck. I am only posting a few pics at the moment and will take very detailed pics of the frame, interior, and problem spots this weekend. Please PM me with any questions. Price: $17,500 Location: Clovis, NM/Cannon AFB ( I would be willing to drive it up Amarillo if you want to meet on I-40) 3.5L V-8 133,xxx miles Pros/upgrades: Bilstein Springs/Genuine HD springs/poly bushings installed in 2011, about a 2 or 3 inch lift 285/75r16 KM2 mud terrain tires OME steering damper installed in 2012 The coveted boost wheels Functioning LPG system -the truck is duel fuel and can run on either petrol or propane, I bought a UK to ACME adapter so you can fill up at most any propane place Intellitronix digital temp gauge Sweet tire cover Gary Johnson Presidential sticker Flowmaster 40 series muffler, and oh man does it sound sweet LT-77 transmission rebuilt in early 2000s, I have a receipt with date Aftermarket leather seats Mantec window guards in rear Brush guards on all lights Aftermarket grille and headlight surrounds It appears that new door tops have been installed all around, I didn't do it, smarter people will be able to tell when I post detailed pics this weekend New door bottoms in front Repaired footwells New rear brakes New rear tires X-9 winch Snorkel (not hooked up at moment) Roof rack (have it off at the moment for better gas mileage) High lift jack I have installed new carpet in front as well as dynamat underneath The frame is in good condition, it was coated in something, I was told waxoly while it was still in England, it looks dirty but it seems to just be dirt and corrosion attached to whatever the frame is coated in, I will include some pics where I have scratched off the coating to reveal the black frame The Cons (or character as I like to call it)/things I haven't had time to fix: The winch will only run in, not out, it seems to be the contact on the out switch is not working, guessing a simple fix The passenger side door has to be opened from the outside, inside latch won't work, seems to be simple as well I broke the speedo cable while installing the new temp gauge and have been too lazy to fix, put 1300 miles on my iPhone speedometer -the plus side is that I have a matching intellitronix speedometer that I will include in the sale, you would just need to get the gps sending unit, or you can just buy a new speedo cable There is some rust. I just ran out and took pics of in my garage so you can see. -one on the passenger side bulkhead, one on the driver side bulkhead, one on the lower ride side by the driver door, and the rear door bottoms are shot. -doesn't bother me but it might bother you, will post better pics this weekend The A frame ball joint needs to be replaced, I have the part and will include in sale, still drives fine but you can hear that it needs replacing The heater works but only on low, it is wired to an after market switch on the dash as the original fan switch is missing The off-road light on top don't work at the moment, rewired them two weeks ago,they worked and now they don't, it is wired through the fog light switch on the column so I think the fuse is blown or the relay I installed blew, haven't had time to investigate The rear swing door won't lock with the key but will lock from the inside It has an alarm installed and but not wired up, I think they uninstalled it for the boat ride and I just didn't care to chase the wire, have 2 clickers that goes with it It needs a headliner I'm sure I forgot some stuff but that is a good start I guess. It's pretty much my daily driver, runs great, cruises at 65 on level terrain even in the wind. I also have an Edelbrock 1404 carb that would sell as well if you are interested in ditching the SU carbs. I like them, but to each his own. If you are looking for a half way restored truck that is already here, this is it. Please let me know what questions you have. Cheers, Andy

How much for the edelbrock?
Old April 19th, 2014, 06:21 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
As promised, here are a ton of pictures that I loaded up to photobucket today. I also included a video so you can here the flowmaster. Sorry it is sideways, let me know if you want any other pictures. Someone please buy this! Its an awesome truck, already here, and not from a Rover mill!! For KSA 110, $200 for the Edelbrock. I'll post a pic in another thread. I also forgot to mention that just before I bought the truck in 2010, it had a new clutch, a new water pump, and a new windshield installed. I have a ton of receipts, some in Dutch, some from Britain. Email me at atpick05@gmaildotcom if you want more details.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/at...984%20Defender
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:56 AM
KSARover110
Dan
1983 Rover 110

Quote:
As promised, here are a ton of pictures that I loaded up to photobucket today. I also included a video so you can here the flowmaster. Sorry it is sideways, let me know if you want any other pictures. Someone please buy this! Its an awesome truck, already here, and not from a Rover mill!! For KSA 110, $200 for the Edelbrock. I'll post a pic in another thread. I also forgot to mention that just before I bought the truck in 2010, it had a new clutch, a new water pump, and a new windshield installed. I have a ton of receipts, some in Dutch, some from Britain. Email me at atpick05@gmaildotcom if you want more details. http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/at...984%20Defender

Would like some pics of the carb, is it new? Do you have an intake manifold as well?
Old April 21st, 2014, 01:14 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
So I don't gum up my for sale thread, I will start another thread soon with the carb for sale, that is if no one would like it included with the Rover.
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:59 PM
jpc1818
james
1998 D1/06 LR3 HSE HD/16RRS Diesel

Quote:
As promised, here are a ton of pictures that I loaded up to photobucket today. I also included a video so you can here the flowmaster. Sorry it is sideways, let me know if you want any other pictures. Someone please buy this! Its an awesome truck, already here, and not from a Rover mill!! For KSA 110, $200 for the Edelbrock. I'll post a pic in another thread. I also forgot to mention that just before I bought the truck in 2010, it had a new clutch, a new water pump, and a new windshield installed. I have a ton of receipts, some in Dutch, some from Britain. Email me at atpick05@gmaildotcom if you want more details.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/at...984%20Defender

the link is broke my man.
Old April 21st, 2014, 04:26 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc1818 View Post
the link is broke my man.
Works fine for me.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old April 21st, 2014, 04:35 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post

Works fine for me.
Yeah seems to working fine for me as well
Old April 21st, 2014, 07:52 PM
jpc1818
james
1998 D1/06 LR3 HSE HD/16RRS Diesel

Hmmm, works for me now...strange,
BTW, nice rig!!
Old April 22nd, 2014, 02:11 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
I have a TON of interest via Craigslist so if anyone on the forum is interested better let me know soon.
Old April 24th, 2014, 03:39 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
Sale pending....
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:55 PM
atpick
Andy
1990 110

Registry
Truck is sold!! Heading to Colorado Springs.
Old April 27th, 2014, 11:53 AM
KSARover110
Dan
1983 Rover 110

Pm'd you

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles