This car is only available in September this year, I first am going to use this for my own family vacation. I was planning to keep this one for myself, the only reason I am putting it up for sale is because I found a 1987 127 camper.
This car comes with a full history from new. It includes correspondence between the first owner and the Land Rover factory. The client was not happy.
Also includes the factory building sheet, original bill of sale and many, many more documents.
After spending a life in France, this truck was brought to Germany where it got a complete restoration in 2004. Also then it was converted in to this Dormobile conversion. Since then it hasn't been used much. It featured in a LRO magazine article back in 2005.
Engine is a 2.5D which has been overhauled, invoices included. Although the restoration is 10 years old now, it really hold well through the years. This car is in very good condition and the paint hardly has any scratches. Also no dents in the body
The camper sleeps two, has a fridge, stove, awning and storage compartments
- frame, very, very nice. NO rust
- Bulkhead, very very nice, NO rust
- Doors, no rust, just no rust on this car, nowhere !!
- Interior, very special, look at the pictures
- working capstan winch
- dual battery set up, one for the car, one for the camper
- leather front seats
- running water
- during restoration almost only stainless steel nuts and screws are used
- power steering
- some aluminum corrosion on the back door and on the little quarter panel behind/below the rear doors.
- 2nd gear difficult to engage. Gearbox is overhauled 7000 miles ago maybe this is still running in.
- no door cards on the in side of the doors. I have a set though which I might or might not install.
I had this car imported by Uncle Doug last year. He did a great job and made sure customs allowed entrance to this car with the "non-factory" camper conversion.
Price $ 39,000