Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:40 AM
scoryan45
Kevin R
1983 One Ten

1983 One Ten 3.5 V8

Hello everyone,

First time post - recently registered so that I could post this ad for a RHD 1983 One Ten that I'm selling on behalf of my son.

Here is a link to the eBay ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Defen...orcev4exp=true

Here are some additional pics that we took:
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/sc...?sort=3&page=1

As you can make out from the ad and the pics, it is an original, unmodified, unrestored, straight 1983 Land Rover 110 Station Wagon. Usual bumps and scrapes of a 30+ year old working vehicle. Runs and sounds great.

Just registered in New York state, with clean NY state title. It was recently inspected, passed without issues.

$22250 - negotiable or best offer.

If anyone wants more info - drop me a line.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2013, 07:17 AM
scoryan45
Kevin R
1983 One Ten

Re-listed, price dropped - still negotiable!
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:35 AM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

Hey Kevin, i live right in Yaphank i passed your truck the other day and it looks like a nice truck, how long have you had the truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2013, 09:14 AM
scoryan45
Kevin R
1983 One Ten

Hi - my son had it since about November last year. I've only had it for the last month or so, just recently imported it.
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:35 PM
scoryan45
Kevin R
1983 One Ten

Hi,

I put our 110 up for sale again with a lower price. I had been too busy during the last few months, finally have some time to take care of this.

Any questions re. the 110, or if anyone is curious to see it or take it for s spin just drop me a line.

thanks,

Kevin
Old November 22nd, 2013, 02:54 AM
scoryan45
Kevin R
1983 One Ten

Hi again - dropped the price again, now at $13500... just in time for Christmas.

Here is the ad on Craigslist.

I've got too much on at the moment to really devote to my son's sideline of LR parts and vehicles, so the old Landy must go.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
I sent you a PM
Sterling, VA
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

Sent you a PM as well.
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:14 AM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

john costello and I looked at the truck a few weeks ago since its like 5 mins away from me.
For anyone interested in it. its a decent truck, didnt hear it run and it was getting dark, but the frame looks pretty good, the body is quite original and straight, bulkhead has some rot, not a lot. but has some, the 3.5 looks like it could use some lovin, noticed a possible. head gasket leak, but seems like a nice project 110.
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:49 PM
scoryan45
Kevin R
1983 One Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahaas View Post
john costello and I looked at the truck a few weeks ago since its like 5 mins away from me.
For anyone interested in it. its a decent truck, didnt hear it run and it was getting dark, but the frame looks pretty good, the body is quite original and straight, bulkhead has some rot, not a lot. but has some, the 3.5 looks like it could use some lovin, noticed a possible. head gasket leak, but seems like a nice project 110.
Thanks for the description, appreciate that you came to see it in person.

We tried to honestly portray the truck in the pictures and in the description in the ad, it can be hard to get this across in e-mails or over the Internet, the best thing someone could possibly do is to see a vehicle in person. It can be hard to judge what you're looking at when you only have some pictures on the Internet to go by.
Old December 20th, 2013, 05:51 AM
scoryan45
Kevin R
1983 One Ten

Sold! Hopefully have a few more in the new year, including a LHD 90.
Old December 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
asetliff
Adam Setliff
2A 109 Four Door 07 RRSC

Damn. I thought this sold on ebay weeks ago. I was in NYC two weeks ago and was planning on stopping by.
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Mind if I ask what the selling price was? Nice truck - love the original color scheme. My truck is the same blue but a few years later when they started one whole body color.

Old December 20th, 2013, 11:47 AM
scoryan45
Kevin R
1983 One Ten

Hi all - it did go on eBay. I'm just slow to update here.

We let it go for far less than we had planned, purely because I'm up to my eyeballs with renovation work at home, flying back and forth to see my son and His family in the UK etc... I just couldn't look after the sale of the truck, not enough time.

Winter is setting in and I would've hated to see the old girl sitting in the snow and salt.

In the new year we'll have a few more on offer... Probably towards summer. My son is moving so his fleet of Landies has to get downsized.
Old December 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
I think I saw this truck on a front lawn on LI a few months back
Old December 22nd, 2013, 12:33 PM
Archbronco
Josh
1983 Land Rover 110

I am the new owner of this classic. Kevin was a pleasure to do business with and I would recommend and trust him with future sales. The vehicle needs a lot of TLC (relative to what I want to do to it). It looks like the head gasket does have a good leak, rust in the usual places (doors, bulkhead, floor boards, chassis). As with any vehicle 30+ years old, you have to expect cancer is everywhere (even the rust free ones!). A few dents and scrapes and some paint that is very thin. Nothing is a surprise to me and the vehicle was well described and documented.

I earned my first LR badge of achievement last night. I went to pick it up off the car trailer 10 miles away. The weather was miserable with freezing rain all day. First time driving a RHD, first time driving the vehicle. I did have a vehicle trailing me with hazards on the highway, which if I did not have I would have not attempted it.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Congrats Josh. I have an 83 also. Honestly I think the older ones are built better, with better materials/steel. I did a complete rebuild on mine and was pleasantly surprised how well the bulkhead was preserved. Of course YMMV. Good luck and enjoy your new Rover.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old December 22nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
Landyman1
Landyman
1983 land rover 110 county

I have an 83 as well. Honestly, I think the 3.5L v8 is the most reliable rover v8 out there. I never have problems!
Old December 22nd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Archbronco
Josh
1983 Land Rover 110

I appreciate the responses gentlemen. I do have to add that I initially contacted Doug regarding his services and recommendations. Doug is a stand up guy and I understand why he is so highly respected on the subject of Land Rover Defenders. I probably owe him a bottle of Pappi, if I find one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
v8