1983 Land Rover 109 Santana (Dealer) - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old March 6th, 2015, 04:54 PM
dcproven
David
1977 Series III 88 Santana LR

Well,
of course, back home in Spain there is some stock, but I think the concern is more about how practical those 6 cyl. are in the US, and for that I have my reservations. The 2.25 is everywhere Land Rover, but the 6 cyl. is not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Gas_Donkey
Julian
D110 Series 3 & Santana 2500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcproven View Post
Well,
of course, back home in Spain there is some stock, but I think the concern is more about how practical those 6 cyl. are in the US, and for that I have my reservations. The 2.25 is everywhere Land Rover, but the 6 cyl. is not.
Only because not enough have made it there. Even here the 2 and a quarter and the 2500 far outweigh the 3.5 straight 6. The spanish are tight and were not long out of a dictatorship this goes across the board all cars from the 80's are old Seats and Renaults. It is very rare to come across BMW's etc from that era of anything with a remotely large engine. As time passes I am sure more will make it over there. I intend to get hold of some and send them over. I have heard of no reliability issues on them. As soon as my current stock is out of the way I shall be getting one. Look after the engine, change the oil regular plus plenty of coolant and there is nothing to worry about if the car has been looked after.
Another thing. Land Rover Santana evaluated the Rover V8 at one point as there was criticism over the 2 and a quarters lack of power. However it was rejected and deemed to thirsty for most Spaniard pockets hence the development of the Cazorla 6 cylinder.

Search Gas Donkey Land Rover on Facebook
Old March 6th, 2015, 05:08 PM
dcproven
David
1977 Series III 88 Santana LR

Yeah, I remember growing up in Spain and anything bigger that 2L was huge, most cars were around 1L... but I digress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
109, land rover