1983 110 For Sale Portland Oregon - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old June 29th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Werrea
Anthony Werre
08 LR3

It is with a pretty darn heavy heart that I post my 110 for sale. It’s taking a lot of courage to sell it, but the timing seems right and it’s time to move on from this 110 dream. I purchased the rig December 2014 from an Air Force serviceman. He bought it locally in the UK, shipped it home to his parents where his dad drove it back and forth to work. It was a pretty clean rig. He had the 200tdi disco conversion done in the UK prior to shipping. But it needed attention to get it to the level where I wanted it. I have spent the last couple of years working on it to get it where it sits today. With the help of Ryan Phelps and Doug at Ships, it's pretty dialed in. As it is, I wouldn’t be hesitant to jump in and go on a cross country adventure. All work has been completed in the last 9,000 miles. Well, that is pretty much all the miles I have put on it since purchasing. It’s tough to even know where to start to explain the work that has gone into it, but this crowd is no stranger to understanding all of that. So will do my best to give a simplistic run down. If anyone wants more detail, happy to discuss over phone or by email as I am sure there are small details I am forgetting.

Exterior: Original paint with plenty of patina. Body is in excellent shape for age. There are a few bumps, but no major dents or gashes. Doors are solid. Rust is minimal but exists. There is a rust spot on the bulkhead where the vent flap attaches that needs addressing. There is a rust area on the driver floorboard where the floor and bulkhead come together that needs addressing. Frame is solid and was taken care of very well in the UK. There are no rotten holes or falling apart pieces of the frame. It has some surface rust and is due for a scrape and recoat of rust preventative. Windows are all in great shape and in working order. All exterior lights have been upgraded to LED except for the fog light and original rear backing light. Rigid D2 reverse light installed and upgraded KC LED Headlights. Galvanized roof rack has been modified to accommodate the roof top tent. Safari Equip 28 gallon extended range steel fuel tank.

Engine: 200tdi from a disco. Unknown mileage. Within the last 4 months I have replaced the timing belt and all the associated seals. Water pump, belts and hoses. Injection pump has been rebuilt and the injectors were rebuilt. New Allisport large radiator and full width intercooler installed along with new aluminum frame and electric fan with cowl. All power steering lines replaced and installed canister air filter and Mantec snorkel. Valves adjusted and the pump and turbo have been tuned for increased performance. It runs really well. New clutch and resurfaced flywheel with heavy duty throw out bearing replaced last year. New motor mounts. 3” straight exhaust.

Drivetrain: Replaced LT77 5 speed from donor vehicle, unknown mileage but works great and shifts smooth and isn’t sloppy. Rebuilt LT30 1.4 replacing the 1.6 it had. New front CV’s, ball joints, tie rod. All other components in great working order. Wheel bearings replaced. Brakes are in great shape. No funky vibrations or shakes. Brand new OME HD shocks and springs, and Terafirma adjusted radius arms.

Interior: New Scheel-Mann seats with heat and lumbar. Heat not hooked up yet. Sound deadening matts. Cargo cage, raised rear platform. Has one rear seat which my son was using. Have all seats that were taken out including the benches in the rear. Replaced Metal Raptor instrument cluster and metal frame. VDO gauges including GPS speedometer, EGT, and Boost. Dash does not have any cracks and the door cards are in pretty great shape. Headliner is very decent for it’s age and doesn’t droop. Recent attic net installed and my wife made nets for the rear windows to keep the dog safe. ARB refrigerator behind driver seat.

Tires and Wheels: Rovers North (Like Wolf) black steel wheels and BFG 255/85/16 KM2 tires. Lots of life left.

Other: Dual Optima battery system with National Luna split charge system, 2m radio, CVT 99" awning. New 15" leather Springalex steering wheel.

Drivability: It runs extremely well and will easily do 65-70. It pulls hills better now with the upgraded intercooler and radiator along with adjusted pump and boost. With the new shocks, springs and corrected radius arms, it drives really nice. I can actually look at something on the side of the road and not veer 3 lanes over.

The 110 is being sold as it sits with the CVT 4 man tent, awning and fridge negotiable. This rig has created man fond memories and has given me the opportunity to make a lot of friends.

It is tough to come to a number to sell. I am asking $35,000. Maybe it’s too high, but I know I can sell this vehicle with a clean conscious knowing that I did my best to represent it truthfully. It always gets compliments. I wouldn’t be afraid to take it anywhere.

I also have 2 roll up doors in great shape, and a basement of various parts.

Please contact me at anthonywerre@gmail.com or by telephone at 503-314-8981. I haven’t taken a full set of pictures and will be doing that soon, so have included a few that represent the vehicle well for now.

Thank you for looking. Anthony Werre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Werrea
Anthony Werre
08 LR3

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4120398665.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	152792

Name:	image-1051758806.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	152815

Name:	image-3902647806.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	152816

Name:	image-4182100054.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	625.1 KB
ID:	152818
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2272275617.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	508.8 KB
ID:	152817  
Old June 29th, 2016, 02:21 PM
jrose609
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi

Registry
damn. Sorry to hear you have to sell. Nice truck. I'm partial to the '83 County...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Contractor
Will
1969 IIA

Nice truck, sorry you are selling it.

A few paragraph breaks might help your sale and keep people from not reading anything you typed.
Old June 29th, 2016, 03:42 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose609 View Post
damn. Sorry to hear you have to sell. Nice truck. I'm partial to the '83 County...........
Ditto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 29th, 2016, 04:34 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
But..... Why? You have been doing so much work on this lately. You are staying with the LR3, at least, right?

Name:	image-2000820309.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	559.6 KB
ID:	152819

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Old June 29th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Werrea
Anthony Werre
08 LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBailey View Post
But..... Why? You have been doing so much work on this lately. You are staying with the LR3, at least, right?
My wife won't be selling her LR3 anytime soon. She loves it. As to why. It is in perfect working order and dialed in. The new owner doesn't need to do anything other than paperwork and planning what to with it first.

Doing mostly long distance trips during summer months, the wife doesn't particularly enjoy the defender experience. Hate was used recently. For me, these adventures are about getting my family out beyond the pavement. If I can make them more comfortable doing it, then It's a win for me because everyone is happy.
Old June 29th, 2016, 04:59 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werrea View Post
My wife won't be selling her LR3 anytime soon. She loves it. As to why. It is in perfect working order and dialed in. The new owner doesn't need to do anything other than paperwork and planning what to with it first. Doing mostly long distance trips during summer months, the wife doesn't particularly enjoy the defender experience. Hate was used recently. For me, these adventures are about getting my family out beyond the pavement. If I can make them more comfortable doing it, then It's a win for me because everyone is happy.
Well said.
Old June 29th, 2016, 05:10 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd10014 View Post
Well said.
I agree. These old codgers are not for family long distance travel. I enjoy being alone driving much more than when the seats are full.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 29th, 2016, 05:14 PM
spaeth
Craig Spaeth
93 RRC LWB 300TDI

I get it Anthony. Hate to see you have to part with it, but I get it. Hopefully you keep coming out to get togethers. It's been cool getting to know you and your family.
Old June 29th, 2016, 05:57 PM
fruitpunch
Marc Brouwer
66 IIa 88 Perkins powered

Registry
Driving 3500 miles right now with my wife and 3 year old they love it. V8 4speed... Great stuff
Old June 29th, 2016, 05:59 PM
javelinadave
-
-

What an awesome truck! GLWTS!!
Old June 29th, 2016, 08:22 PM
cascade90
Mason Worley
'95/NAS D90 SW #59/500

Anthony, I understand on this one. Hey if you need a defender fix. I've got a spare seat so anytime.
Old June 29th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
If you still have it at the ABFM, put a FS sign in the window!

Nice truck btw. I've seen it at the aforementioned ABFM a couple of times & it looks great.

Sorry to see you go!
Old June 29th, 2016, 10:12 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
If you still have it at the ABFM, put a FS sign in the window!
X2 Best idea EVER right there!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're moving on. Beautiful truck! I have a 90 just so that it's only a toy, not a family wagon, as I fear those words "I hate this........" I hope it sells at sundown by the end of the ABFM! ;-)

See you there. All the best – Dave
Old June 30th, 2016, 03:25 PM
tpond
Toby Pond

I hope it stays local so that we can still see it out on the trail! I know this is hard, but I commend you for doing what you need to make trips work for all involved. Very nice seats btw ; )
Old June 30th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Kelbo
Kelly
'86 110

Registry
Very cool truck.

GLWS

'86 110

Former Rigs:
'94 D 90 ST
'84 D 130 Hi-Cap
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Klondo
Corey Koniniec
NONE

Still for sale?

Any chance in hell this bad boy is still for sale. New to the forum and live just 3 hours from you. Would love to keep this thing in the northwest!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles