1977 Series III For Sale - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 30th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Rob Thompson
1977 series III
1977 Series III For Sale

It is making me weep but I have to sell my little truck and have posted it on ebay too.
In line with the regs for this site, reserve is at $10k and a bid from a thread member will trump unless the auction is roaring past the offer made.

It's a green 77, former Royal Navy truck, right hand drive, 2.25l gas, inline 4 cylinder, 4 speed no overdrive. Gearboxes are all good, 2/4WD all good, locking hubs smooth and tight. Steering and brakes all good. 90780 genuine miles on the clock. its old English MOT certificates show it wit 88000 or so 5 or 6 years ago.

I bought it back in the UK and brought it over here through Baltimore in Mar last year. It has a clean VA title.

New canvass and hoops last January '14, tailgate, front seat pads and paint. The paint is the let down here, a bit flaky in spots. The only rust is in the door frames, classically in the bottom corners - they do not need replacing yet but will do eventually. 4 of 5 tires good, 1 is at the limits.

Starts and drives really well, no problems. Routine maintenance on my part saw a fuel and filter assembly last summer, distro cap, rotor arm and points in the fall, oil and filter in the winter and gearboxes topped off in the spring. It is lightly used and well maintained by myself. It has not been through deep mud for years!

The link to the auction is here: Land Rover Defender Series III | eBay

If you want to bid but not on the ebay site or want a flickr link with a bunch of phots, drop me a line and thanks for your time

Old June 30th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team
Moved to flea market as it isn't for sale here.

Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
sheisters gonna sheist
Old June 30th, 2015, 02:32 PM
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
It looks like Rob has since added all of the necessary information so I've moved this back to For Sale - Vehicles
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

97, for sale, series, series iii