Asking price is $9500 US.
See here: 1976 Lightweight for Sale | Land Rover Modifications | Red90's Photos! | Red90.ca
for a variety of current photos. Contact me by PM with any questions. Truck is located in Calgary Canada. Shipping and import fee at buyer's expense.
I bought this truck last year and have spent a lot of time going through it, fixing up problems and adding a few modifications.
The truck was originally sold to the Saudi Arabian National Guard. It was imported to Canada around 15 years ago by someone on the east coast and then purchased by another local for the last 10 years. As far as I know, it has been stored indoors and not been winter driven while in Canada. The truck is completely rust free. Most of the original undercoating is in place. Any spots where it has be coming up have been cleaned up and re-coated.
The body is very straight with only one repair that I can see on the front left wing and the odd small ding. No bondo and all original paint. The top (hood) is an Exmoor Trim replacement with no damage.
Left hand drive with a 2.25 Petrol. The engine was rebuilt by the previous owner around 4000 km ago. It has an ACR cam and a Turner high flow head.
Various modifications have been performed, that were intended to improve functionality without detracting from what the truck is meant to be. Most of these have been done so that they can be changed back in case a future owner wants originality. Along with the truck are a few crates of spare parts including many of the original parts that were removed when modified.
• Roamerdrive overdrive (around 1500 on the unit).
• Rocky Mountain Parabolic springs and Old Man Emu shocks.
• KAM electric locker in the rear axle with KAM 24 spline halfshafts and Ashcroft heavy duty 4.75:1 ring and pinion.
• Eaton Truetrac torque biasing differential in the front axle with stock shafts and Ashcroft heavy duty reverse rotation 4.75:1 ring and pinion.
• Powerspark high energy, electronic distributor with matching coil and silicone leads.
• 24700 btu/h (7240 W), 295 cfm Mobile Climate Control heater. Original heater in the spare parts. With the fume curtain in place, you can stay warm in winter with this heater. Includes a custom built adjustable vent and ducting system.
• Superwinch 9000 lb winch with in cab controls as well as the remote.
• SPAL electric fan and DcControl waterproof controller with in cab override and indicator. New military mechanical fan in the spare parts, if desired to return to mechanical.
• Tuffy deluxe stereo security console (12.5” wide version). There is a radio in it with a couple of marine pod speaker on the bulkhead. This is mounted to the middle seat base and the middle seat can be put back in if desired. These are very heavy duty, lockable and weather resistant. Includes a voltage meter, two 12V outlets and two USB outlets, all weatherproof.
• GME GX300 weatherproof (IP55) CB radio and Wilson antenna.
• 65 amp OEM distributor as used in 4 cylinder Defenders with upgraded wiring. These control charging a lot better than the original 45 amp unit.
• Bussman/Cooper waterproof 5 relay/10 fuse panel wired up to supply power to all non-stock components. All non-stock wiring replaced and run to a modern OE quality level.
• Noco Genm1 mini 4 amp waterproof battery charger.
• Odyssey battery with OJOP quick release connectors.
• Defender mirrors mounted to the door hinges with custom stainless steel adapters. These can be removed and no changes were made to the original hinges.
• Albright waterproof contactor in place of the original starter solenoid.
• Cole-Hersee electronic wipe/wash switch with variable intermittent and wipe with wash.