Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old June 8th, 2006, 12:51 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Arrow 1976 Land Rover Lightweight

Greetings
I'm helping a friend sell this Lightweight.

Price: $7995.00 1976 Series III Lightweight 24v FFR RHD 2.25 petrol

Land Rover Lightweight, released by the military in 1993. It has 62000 original miles. The Lightweight is as mechanically sound as you will find anywhere. The engine starts first time in any weather, even if you've left it for awhile . Fires up with no rattles, no knocks and no tappet noises. The engine at idle is incredibly quiet. A Weber carburettor has been fitted to replace the old Zenith. The engine now performs very well indeed and returns the best mpg you could ever hope to get from one of these. The gearbox is excellent and doesn't crunch or jump out of any gear. The clutch is perfect with no whines, juddering or slipping. Brakes and handbrake excellent, doesn't pull to one side on braking or otherwise. The engine doesn't overheat, ever. The coolant stays just below half and the needle never moves. Also, amazingly, the heater works perfectly on both blower speeds - nice & warm! New door tops, door bottoms on both sides. The engine doesn't burn oil. It has Defender 90 seats so this Land Rover is nice & comfortable for everyday use. 4 radial tyres have been fitted to reduce road noise but the bonnet spare is still a military off-road tyre. This Lightweight is as it came out of the army with front ammo box, interior rifle clips and communications aerial. All of these easily come off if you want the less military look! None of the panels are dented. The full canvas top is in good shape with the exception of the rear plastic window is cracked unfortunately. This vehicle was in military service fo many years. The paint on the vehicle is many hand painted coats of Green. The chassis is very solid with no rot. The suspension is in good condition. This vehicle needs nothing to be driven. I can arrange shipping anywhere in the United States for you. Email me your city and zip code for a quote. For more pictures send me your email jficarra@landroverfortlaud.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01983a.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	5824   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01992.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	5825  

Name:	DSC02024.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	5826   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01982.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	5827  

Name:	DSC01991.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	5828   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01994.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	5829  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Is this the lightweight that just sold on Ebay 10 days ago?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 8th, 2006, 05:32 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

that was the sister vehicle, he brought in two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Really...Same mileage, same year, same defender seats, same front plate, SAME PICTURES etc. From the looks of it, the same ad, just copied word for word from ebay. Is the VIN different? I have been looking for a lightweight for some time now. I guess these vehicles are perfect twins, even 30 years later. I am very interested, but hesitant now that two such Rovers could be for sale when they seem like the same vehicle. If there is something I misunderstood please let me know.
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 8th, 2006, 06:17 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

jficarra@landroverfortlaud.com, thats the email address for Jeff.
He can go further in explaining the vehicle(s). I just helped with posting the ad.
Have a good night.

M
Old June 8th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Thanks, but I think I'll pass on this one. If there is a explantion to the "that was the sister vehicle, he brought in two" Jeff can email me anytime. Like I said, I am/was interested, but at this point very skeptical considering the info I have recieved so far( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting ). Comparing the two I don't see how it could be possible. If it is the same, thats cool with me. At first I knew I had seen it before and wished I had a chance to bid on it, but the auciton had ended. Then I noticed it here and was told it wasn't it, but rather it's sister. Can you understand my concern. I'll be down in Florida in a week on business, I'll keep my eyes open for the twin sister(s).

MLynch1997@comcast.net

Old June 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Sold on LRX.com and its TENN. member, Jeff thanks everyone for thier interest

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
97, ht