Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old March 18th, 2009, 09:55 AM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflick
TDI D2??? Is this a Disco II TDI that you're hoping to part with? If so, I'm interested. Tell me more.
You're too late, it sold last week!www.redmountainrovers.com bought it though, and it looks like they are reselling it... check their website
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2009, 09:58 AM
bitz
Jon
NAS D90, 85 D110 CSW, 66 Dormobile

It's already on there website for $19,900
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug
Many come and go - and leak fluids.

Yup - sold. It now belongs to them.

And yes that is it on their site for sale. Good price - given what the paid me for it (and no don't ask I will not tell you out of respect for them) and their expenses and such it's a good buy. I really loved that truck and had a blast building it. There are minor things it needs to be 150% perfect but it is a great truck.

I am still very tempted by the RRC he has there - but their is one near me that's really nice so I may end up with the closer one.

RMR are a good group of guys.

That reminds me I need to get my tires from Tim..... unless someone wants them and wants to pick them up at RMR? 255-85-16's I'd sell them cheeeep and it would save them the bother of shipping them to me and me the expense of said shipping.

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmuller
You're too late, it sold last week!www.redmountainrovers.com bought it though, and it looks like they are reselling it... check their website
Whats with these guys? They bought the 109 coiler in Maine I was looking at.
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone
1984 Land Rover 110 Soft Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37
Whats with these guys? They bought the 109 coiler in Maine I was looking at.
That 109 was sick. They are enthusiast first and a dealer second. One of the guys there had actually been looking for a 109 when that one came up so it was a no brainer.
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Some dealers cruise the boards looking for motivated sellers. I know Copley doesn't do that.

Some lawyers follow ambulances to accident scenes looking for victims to represent, so its a proven business model.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
I agree. Its exactly the kind of truck i was looking to build and i freaked when i saw it but it meant the 110 would have to go.
Old March 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
red mountain wanted to buy the 88 to resell it as well...
Old March 19th, 2009, 11:24 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Some dealers cruise the boards looking for motivated sellers.
I would not limit that statement to dealers.

Ron
Old March 19th, 2009, 11:33 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
I would not limit that statement to dealers.

Ron
True, there is always someone out there looking to flip even the smallest, most worthless item for a profit. Sure, its nice to make a few bucks here and there to support a hobby, but looking at every thing as an opportunity to put a hundred bucks in your pocket is sad.

Old March 19th, 2009, 11:52 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
True, there is always someone out there looking to flip even the smallest, most worthless item for a profit. Sure, its nice to make a few bucks here and there to support a hobby, but looking at every thing as an opportunity to put a hundred bucks in your pocket is sad.
Agreed. It seems that even here we are too often not a community to help each other and share our passion for defenders, but a place for those inclined to take every opportunity they can to profit from others. Oh well.
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I am just like a drug user who starts dealing to support his addiction, in this case it is just a rover addiction.

I never buy to flip, but I do buy with an eye toward resale.
Old March 19th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

I agree with all here.

It's sad to see her back for sale, but I knew full well what would happen when I sold it. I got a fair price - I am happy - and I hope he makes some $$ on it after playing with it a bit. More power to them!

I am sure he will make a few $$ selling that green RRC too, but the fact is it seems a solid truck at a decent price (what he quoted me was much better than the "list".)

For now I am driving my daily driver that I just picked up - an Audi Allroad - so that opens me up to having a more purpose oriented Rover. Rather than trying to have the Rover pull all duties I can now find one that is more of a "toy". It would almost be sad to have one as clean as the RRC he has there, or even as nice as the Hybrid TDI Guy has/had? Do you still have it? That is a realllly cool truck.

Doug.
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:10 PM
golden747
Tim Golden
Defender 130

well i dont agree. i feel like its a win win situation for all of us. we buy, we sell, we trade. so i happen to do it for a living. big deal!!! whats wrong with getting paid to do what you love. i dont feel like i've ever prayed upon people in need. i dont know how many of you guys have to deal with the retail public but trust me, it has its ups and downs. i love the dealership and i love dealing with all you guys and i feel like we help each other. if you see something on my lot you like, most of the time im going to make you a crazy deal because i know the truck is going to someone who will appreciate it. Red Mountain Rovers is nothing more than a hobby of mine that got out of control.
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:25 PM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden747
well i dont agree. i feel like its a win win situation for all of us. we buy, we sell, we trade. so i happen to do it for a living. big deal!!! whats wrong with getting paid to do what you love. i dont feel like i've ever prayed upon people in need. i dont know how many of you guys have to deal with the retail public but trust me, it has its ups and downs. i love the dealership and i love dealing with all you guys and i feel like we help each other. if you see something on my lot you like, most of the time im going to make you a crazy deal because i know the truck is going to someone who will appreciate it. Red Mountain Rovers is nothing more than a hobby of mine that got out of control.

BINGO!

I am constantly buying and selling different rovers as well and I do it to enjoy the trucks as well as make some money and I do not see the problem as I buy them right and sell them right and usually fix shit in between. I have also done a lot of business with Red Mountain Rovers and he speaks the truth, see something you like and he will make the deal right for everyone.
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
People would be a lot more forgiving if you posted pix of build-ups, projects, offered free advice or did more hobby-out-of-control related posting. Like half you total posts are related to making bottom-line offers and inquiring if things are for sale or not - so it just looks like you're here to skim. Its just a matter of give and take - some vendors have given away so much free info that they can get away with whatever they want, and no one minds.

Old March 21st, 2009, 10:03 PM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone

Quote:
People would be a lot more forgiving if you posted pix of build-ups, projects, offered free advice or did more hobby-out-of-control related posting. Like half you total posts are related to making bottom-line offers and inquiring if things are for sale or not - so it just looks like you're here to skim. Its just a matter of give and take - some vendors have given away so much free info that they can get away with whatever they want, and no one minds.
I am not one to spend a ton of time and excessive money trying to do crazy restorations and do pictures of every step. I also have built lots of trucks and have been doing this long enough that I do not need to ask a question on this board everytime I want to fix or upgrade something. And I offer lots of advise when needed, but do not see a need to piggyback on something when the answer is already been given.

C-
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:36 PM
golden747
Tim Golden
Defender 130

what kind of free advice, like whats a car worth? were's the best place to sell it? the cheapest way to ship a car ? sure. i know all about that. i dont know anything about building or restoring land rovers. what i love is buying one that someone has put there time and craftsmanship into and hearing there stories and driving the finished product. then explaining the whole thing to the next owner and letting them understand that a land rover is so much more than just a means of transportation.
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:09 PM
Roving Beetle
Doug

Thumbs up Tim!

I hope my comments in no way came off as negative. From my - admittedly limited - view you're an excellent business man but first and foremost a decent guy who loves Rovers.

I hope my truck treats you and/or the next owner well.

Doug
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:23 PM
golden747
Tim Golden
Defender 130

thanks doug. we've got the truck on an adventure race in SC this weekend and its doing great. i will call you monday so we can get those tires shipped to you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
97, coil, tdi