Old June 13th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

1962 Series 2 Project

1962 Series II 109 5 Door Wagon
Original NAS 109
20,000$ US

The Owner of this project has lost interest and wants to sell this outstanding project. Well over 25k in parts and labor in this vehicle, very few things needed to complete the restoration or just put it back together on a painstakingly restored frame and bulkhead with new drivetrain and drive a piece of history knowing you are on top of a solid drivetrain that will serve you for many years without worry. Check out the detail in the photos posted in the linked photo album. Truck is located in Kittery Maine, we will not arrange shipping or load the truck, we will meet you or your hauler and help out as necessary in loading.

New Parts Included with this truck:

New genuine door bottoms front (hologramed )
New Aluminum door tops with glass.
New Rear Door (5th door)
New door pillars/sill t-piece Genuine.
New Turner HO motor, Webber Carb. (original 2.0 litre included with sale with new bearings and rebuild kit)
Rebuilt transmission and transfer case.
Rebuilt axles and Drive shafts
New tires on sandblasted rims Goodyear Workhorses
New springs (not sure if they are military or not)
New fuel tank and lines.
New Brakes and brake lines
New Galvanized Chassis, with 3m undercoating on top to protect galvanizing and retain stock look.
Remanufactured bulkhead, blasted and dunked in Zinc Primer, primed and painted with 3 coats Centari in Pastel Green
New Wiring Harnesses

Original parts:

All original Glass
All original doors (need restoration or replacement which is why we have sourced new front doors and rear door)
All original interior. Seats, Headliner!, Mirror, Banjo Wheel, Speedometer and gauges
original door panels
Smiths round heater (needs recore, unable to source a round core)
Original Tropical Roof
All original lights and lenses

Parts Known to be needed (big ones)

Heater
Exhaust
I cant think of any other biggies for this list but will answer any questions you may have. This is subject to human error, we have not worked on this project in a year and a half.

This truck will not be parted out

Recovering NAS 110 Owner.

There is a thin line beyond which you really can't fake...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2006, 12:14 PM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Bump

This is going on Ebay this weekend.

Old July 21st, 2006, 07:43 PM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150013848101

eBay Auction

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Ebay auction again...

Item number: 150025646438

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Old October 11th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Bump

I would like to get this gone before winter.

Old October 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

nice truck you should of taken the 10k
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

It is not my decision to make.

I am selling for a client, I am not taking any part of the sale. I just need to move it for a fair price. Do you think 10k is fair for this vehicle, considering the work and the new parts that are included in the price ( I am not being argumentative just asking). Seems to me if you go buy all new parts as are in this truck and included with it you are going to be pretty close to the asking price.

Jesse

Old October 12th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

There is much more perceived value when the parts are grouped a little closer together... ;-)
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:58 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine 110
It is not my decision to make.

I am selling for a client, I am not taking any part of the sale. I just need to move it for a fair price. Do you think 10k is fair for this vehicle, considering the work and the new parts that are included in the price ( I am not being argumentative just asking). Seems to me if you go buy all new parts as are in this truck and included with it you are going to be pretty close to the asking price.

Jesse
I think your client and maybe you miss the point, buyers set the value of what it is worth not sellers with a pocket full of receipts. I don't doubt you have more than that invested in it, all I am saying is if he is wanting to get rid of it, take the 10k or prepare to sit on it. I could buy a completely restored one, where the sellers would be happy to ship it, for less than 20k
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by draaronr
I think your client and maybe you miss the point, buyers set the value of what it is worth not sellers with a pocket full of receipts. I don't doubt you have more than that invested in it, all I am saying is if he is wanting to get rid of it, take the 10k or prepare to sit on it. I could buy a completely restored one, where the sellers would be happy to ship it, for less than 20k
I realize the market sets the value, I am just trying to get the best return possible for my client. I get it; market economics. This being said I also understand apples to apples. Just make sure that when you compare a "restored" vehicle you know what the seller did to "restore" it. Every single aspect of the re-manufacture (I think this is a better term for what has been done to date on this truck) is as good or better that when it left the factory. I have a friend who just bought a restored 88 for @ 20k. It is a nice driver, but it is not a remanufactured truck.

I am looking for help here and want to get this truck sold for my client. I am open to creative suggestions, I appreciate your candor.

Jesse

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirbo
There is much more perceived value when the parts are grouped a little closer together... ;-)

Jim- You are right on with that, I would very much like to put this thing together to sell it. However after closing the shop last year I don't really have the place nor the time to undertake the job of putting it back together, nor is my client willing to pay to do this.

Jesse

Old October 12th, 2006, 09:22 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

My best advice is to advertise it on the series boards, it is a beautiful start to the project, unfortunately your client either will take a hit, or he needs to get it completed and sell it. Have you tried LRX?
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

No I have not tried LRX, I will get it posted there. Thanks for the advice, I am not involved in any of the sereies boards, can you point me to what ones would be good to try..

Jesse

Old October 12th, 2006, 09:43 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Here are a list of some series sites and boards, some are in the UK but a lot of the NA series guys watch them for advice since there are more in regular service across the pond.

http://www.series2club.co.uk/frame.htm
http://www.wiseowlparts.com/

http://www.seriesrover.com/
http://p200.ezboard.com/bgunsandrovers
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Thanks for the info. I will check into those. I listed it on LRX this morning.

Jesse

Old October 17th, 2006, 11:58 PM
aloharover
Peter
1970 Series IIa 105

Not to add more fuel, but you can find some very very nicely done 109's for 20k that are ready to drive away.
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloharover
Not to add more fuel, but you can find some very very nicely done 109's for 20k that are ready to drive away.

I get it. but compare quality. I have yet to see a 20k truck that is remanufactured, most are refurbished or restored.

The market is flooding with reasonably priced drivable trucks.

As much as I don't want to do it we may part this truck out.

Jesse

Old October 18th, 2006, 06:45 PM
aloharover
Peter
1970 Series IIa 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine 110
I get it. but compare quality. I have yet to see a 20k truck that is remanufactured, most are refurbished or restored.

The market is flooding with reasonably priced drivable trucks.

As much as I don't want to do it we may part this truck out.

Jesse
if it's anything like RRCs or old Discos you will definately make more from a part out.

What is the difference between a remanufacture and a restore? I have seen a IIa that had what I would call a frame off resto. The chassis, bulkhead, breakfast, door frames, and bonnet frame all got galvenized, as well as all the stuff you would expect to get galved on a Series. Seats were reupholstered. Engine was gone over, new rings, bearings. Vehicle was painted. It looked and drove like a new series. Sold for 25k.
Old October 18th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Restorations don't generaly take every bit and piece apart and rebuild or replace with new. Just as you say in your description the engine was gone over with new bearings and rings, this is not a rebuit motor. This is a Turner HO rebuild, there is a big diference there. Every component in the axles and brakes was rebuilt as new or replaced. Same for the transmission. Every fastener is new,fuel lines, brake lines, fuel tank, sending unit, etc.

I am not saying the 25k rebuild you are speaking of was done poorly it may have the same level of work involved in the job, and if so the person took a 20-30k loss if he paid to have it done. That was his choice and is very common right now as the market has softened as people are dumping their toys to generate cash when things are tight. This customer does not need to sell it for financial reasons. He has more in it than he is asking. He just does not want to continue with the project.

I don't particularly care to debate the price of this truck any further. You are either interested in the truck for what it is, and what it costs or you are not. I am doing this as a favor to a customer I am not benefiting from the sale other than getting it out of a storage unit I have. If you or anyone else has a constructive idea to help me I welcome the help, if you just want to pick at the price and debate the market don't waste my time or yours.

I really don't like the idea of parting the truck out as it is an original NADA 109, I have the original PA title on my desk. second registered owner. This truck should stay together and be put back into service. If this is the best way to recoup the investment then I will advise my client to do so.

Jesse

Old October 18th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

I'd be interested to know what it might be worth when finished or better yet what would it cost to finish the job. I have a friend that is seriously looking for the right one, but is in no hurry. Any info would be great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:12 AM
btate
Bryan Tate
d90

Good luck Jesse...it just takes one buyer.....
It would be ashame for the truck to get parted out
BT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
series