'03 DII Drive Around the World Discovery Number 6 of 8 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Old November 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

'03 DII Drive Around the World Discovery Number 6 of 8

Funny thing happened on the way to work the other day. I was driving along the highway in my disco when I was passed by a Defender SW. All of the sudden I forgot all of the bad times (mostly oil spots in the drive way and the sweat through my dress shirts before I got to work) and remembered only the good times. It was then I vowed to sell the disco and find my way back to D-90 ownership. It appears I missed a few good deals here in recent months, but I know more will appear.

For Sale: 2003 Drive Around the World Discovery II. Complete with ARB bumper, Warn Winch, Hella FF1000 Xenon HID Lights (brighter than the sun), Hannibal Roof Rack with Tent, Hannibal Awning, Hella Work Light, Optima Red Top, etc. This vehicle was number 6 of 8 - and was outfitted for the Drive Around The World Longitude Expedition. Land Rover used these vehicles to kick off their Certified Used Vehicles Warranty program. Irony of Ironies, I bought it with a few thousand miles left on said extended warranty and had LRNA tell me that said warranty was no good - apparently I did not read the fine print as I am prone to do. One more reason for me to avoid the dealerships. Here is the good news (maybe bad to some), this vehicle traveled from dealership to dealership as a display and did not come with the abuse of the actual expedition. Miles 80,643. Regularly serviced, never off-roaded. I put 285/75 R16 BF Goodrich's on because I am a redneck. There has been some rubbing . . . The sticker on the hood is starting to fade and crack, but the rest are in good shape. The headliner is starting to let go, I will repair before the sale.

I will post pictures later, here is a link to the vehicle and the expedition:

http://www.drivearoundtheworld.com/longitude.html

http://www.drivearoundtheworld.com/n...cleAuction.doc

$22,500 OBO. Located in Houston, TX

Please buy this to make my D-90 dream a reality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2009, 05:23 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Interested in pictures of your truck- nashvillerover@comcast.net

Thanks
Dendy
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

I'll get some tonight, rainy and wet here in Houston, but should not be a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
andyrad
Andy Radlgruber
None.

Matt, a word of caution. Do not post this sale on discoweb at that price. There are a number of people over there that honestly think this is a $7000 truck with $4000 worth of toys and over $10K worth of stickers. I was a previous owner of #7 I did not think that was the case and stuck to my guns, managed to prove them wrong too. Best of luck with the sale and I hope Dendy ends up with this in his collection. The conqueror looks awsome behind these.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp toys.bmp (800.7 KB, 300 views)
Old November 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Best4x4
Kelly Graham
P38

Have you found a D90 yet????

Kelly
Old November 23rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

Smile

Not yet. I am lurking - have one in mind? Like your 110.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

not that it is relavent to selling the Disco, but just wondering why the Dealer told you the extended warranty was no good? good luck with the sale, those are cool Disco's well equipped.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Best4x4
Kelly Graham
P38

I may have one coming in on trade that is perfect...1997 St black with under 20,000 miles...Nice but pricey
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:53 PM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrad
Matt, a word of caution. Do not post this sale on discoweb at that price. There are a number of people over there that honestly think this is a $7000 truck with $4000 worth of toys and over $10K worth of stickers.
There are plenty who believe that here too.
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrad
Matt, a word of caution. Do not post this sale on discoweb at that price. There are a number of people over there that honestly think this is a $7000 truck with $4000 worth of toys and over $10K worth of stickers. I was a previous owner of #7 I did not think that was the case and stuck to my guns, managed to prove them wrong too. Best of luck with the sale and I hope Dendy ends up with this in his collection. The conqueror looks awsome behind these.
First, I have not had an opportunity to say thanks for helping me with the sale of my rig!! Are you serious, so let me get it straight - you got yours but you'd like to not help me get what I think is fair? That is AWESOME!! Let me know if I can reciprocate when you have something to sell. I believe the stickers are called "provenance", or something like that. Whoever buys it will have to make up their own mind on it's value, etc. Of course that is the way it goes when selling on a forum!!

Sorry about not posting pictures yet, I work in a fast food restaurant so I've been at work every day. No I don't live in the basement of my parent's home. Just an under-employed dreamer.
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:57 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Matthew:
Did you get this truck from Red Mountain Rovers?
I think the last one of these I saw sell, sold for $19K but that was almost or a little over a year ago.

I think given the 53K 2004 G4 listed a few posts below for $17,900.00, ... you may be a little lofty on price.
Not intending in any way to be negative, but more to point out the reality of the market right now. Hard to sell a special event truck for more than a truck that is the last of the Special Vehicles trucks.

Still awaiting pictures, though.

Thanks
D

PS and on a side note, that last rig that sold was Andy's, ... and I think you are interpreting his input incorrectly. I think he too was simply pointing out the truth of the market right now.
- D
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:01 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Man this board is really turning into discoweb. Why can't we just make him low ball offers in private. Everyone lately is balking about prices.
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:04 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Man this board is really turning into discoweb. Why can't we just make him low ball offers in private. Everyone lately is balking about prices.

X2...

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:48 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

Guys - I am trying to get rid of the truck, so I can get back to the D90. I'd keep it, but like many of you on this board, my supportive wife does not want two rovers staining the driveway. I think she views it like people who own more than one cat, those guys are kind of crazy.

Yes I accept lowball offers via PM. In fact, I think I sold the SW for a low ball offer from Mr. Peppard. But then again, I took it so it was "bought well" by a board member. I know the market dynamics for my truck. I just don't want to be grounded in reality. I'll post it on Discoweb for $40,000 just to be irritating.

I will get the pictures today!! Sorry for the delay, I am up to my eyeballs in chicken.

Matt

PS Not mad about the market, I just don't like having my nose rubbed in it. I should have been ready for that, I have lurked around enough to know it was coming!
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleRover
Matthew:

I think given the 53K 2004 G4 listed a few posts below for $17,900.00, ... you may be a little lofty on price.
Not intending in any way to be negative, but more to point out the reality of the market right now. Hard to sell a special event truck for more than a truck that is the last of the Special Vehicles trucks.

- D
I could always raise my price.
Old November 25th, 2009, 07:52 PM
CDN90
Tim
94 / D90 #79

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.michaels
Guys - I am up to my eyeballs in chicken.

Matt

PS Not mad about the market, I just don't like having my nose rubbed in it. I should have been ready for that, I have lurked around enough to know it was coming!
I hope your not posting when you are under those chicken warming lights, the will make anybody agitated!
Old November 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM
andyrad
Andy Radlgruber
None.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.michaels
Are you serious, so let me get it straight - you got yours but you'd like to not help me get what I think is fair? That is AWESOME!! Let me know if I can reciprocate when you have something to sell. I believe the stickers are called "provenance", or something like that. Whoever buys it will have to make up their own mind on it's value, etc. Of course that is the way it goes when selling on a forum!!

Matt, you took this the wrong way. I got 19 Cdn for mine and I could have got more. In fact there is a guy in Washington state that was willing to pay me more than my asking price to cancel the 19K deal and re-sell to him. In fact I'll PM you his details in case he is still looking. I was just warning you about the karma that is over on Discoweb but it seems to be here too. It is like art, worth what someone is willing to pay. It may not be a special vehicles truck but it still has a good history and I feel it is worth every penny you're asking.
Old November 26th, 2009, 05:00 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

Sorry guys I am the sensitive type, and Andy did give me two leads, so in actuality he really is trying to help me out. Seriously, thanks for the help Andy. WHY DID I EVER SELL THE D90? I guess when I get mine, I'll never make that mistake again. Here are the pictures I am posting. I'll have to raise the price to $85K if I am going to purchase that rare blue D90 The tent is in the garage, I bolt it on whenever we go camping. I can take more pictures if anyone has interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5516Disco.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	23244   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5514Disco.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	23245  

Name:	IMG_5515Disco.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	23246   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5517Disco.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	23247  

Name:	IMG_5520Disco.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	23248   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5521Disco.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	23249  

Name:	IMG_5519Disco.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	23250  
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:24 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Talking

Nice rig. It almost makes like discos..
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewap
Nice rig. It almost makes like discos..
Marc - stop reminding me I don't have a D90.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Vehicles

Tags
cover, disco, discovery