Newbie from DC area - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old January 9th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Tonka2
Shawn
None

Newbie from DC area

Hello Defender source members. I m new to the defender world been eyeing 110 for some time now and finally I want to become a part of the family plan on purchase one in May so now I'm reading and doing my homework on price ,what to look out for, and who to buy from. This forum has giving a lot of information thanks to the community
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 9th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Welcome to the forum! There is a good bunch of guys in your area with a ton of knowledge so you might attend one of their prayer meetings on the third Thursday of each month.

Cheers and good luck with the hunt!
Old January 9th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Tonka2
Shawn
None

Thanks do you know how I can find out where and when?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 9th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Try out the search function (it sucks) type in NoVa Happy Hour and that should get you there. Also check out ROAV (Rover Owners Assoc. of Virginia) It is a first class club full of great people.
Old January 10th, 2016, 04:53 PM
tigesavage
Tige Savage
None

Hi, another DC newbie here, checking it to say hello.

I could just cut and paste Tonka2's email: I'm also starting to do my homework for an eventual first-time Land Rover purchase. Thanks for the community.

Tonka2: Where are you? (I'm Arlington). Maybe we can sync up at one of the local events...
Old January 10th, 2016, 05:16 PM
tigesavage
Tige Savage
None

Thanks, Jeff. Will try to make the Feb event, tige
Old January 10th, 2016, 06:09 PM
DPdotCOM
Dan Pollock
1983 Defender 3 Door

Hey prospective DC guys. I live in Logan Circle and picked up an 83 110 back in August. PM me if ya wanna come by, see the truck, get a feel for what ownership (especially of the older trucks) is like.

I'm doing some projects next weekend too.
Old January 10th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
The Happy Hour event is a great place to come to and see all the different configurations of Defenders. I think the only ones we don't have there are a 110 pickup... (yet)

You can chat with owners, crawl over them and get a good "feel" for what you want to buy to stop the itch. CYA there.
Old January 10th, 2016, 08:01 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Shawn you just missed one heck of an initiation event with a motor install at a forum members place over the weekend . But, as Craig said, get out to the next Happy Hour and it'll be a good chance to meet the crew and check out the various Rovers.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 11th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Tonka2
Shawn
None

JSBriggs thanks for the address I read the last couple pages. Seen the engine going in with picture and video nice defender. Wish I could have been there seem like I would have learn alot.
tigesavage Im in Largo Md PM anytime we can meet up and go to the meets together.

nathanwind I seen the posting of the event but by me being new at the time I didnt know if it would bee cool for me to come over but love the picture and video hopefully next event I can come I have no problem driving far

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.