Newb introduction... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old July 25th, 2008, 03:48 PM
smittycrusher
Scott B. Smith
None Yet

Newb introduction...

...I wanted to introduce myself. I am very glad that I found this board as I am beginning the long process of looking for a Defender. I currently wheel a FZJ-80 Land Cruiser (pics and write-up of my rig). I am not looking to replace the cruiser, just find it a step brother. I have been a huge fan of the Defenders ever since I first saw one on the street. Now I have to decide between a 90 or a 110. That decision will also determine how long until I put the coin down for one. I am currently thinking a 90 since I already have the long wheel base and 4 doors covered with the cruiser. I work and live in the Atlanta area (Smyrna for now). I really enjoy camping and wheeling and would love to meet some more of the local Rover owners here. I have a 14 month old son that I look forward to getting on the trails and camping with in the future. That is all for now, just wanted to say hi. I am sure I will have many questions coming up, but I promis to search before I ask.

Smitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2008, 04:09 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Welcome Smitty
Fellow Toyota owner and now D90 owner. You will find lots of great info here and the people have been very helpful to me in my short time here. Looks like you've got a tough decision between a 90 and 110, but I think you'll find a 90 a better "brother" since you have a great 4 door wheeler already.

Good luck with your search and decision.

Gery
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Welcome Scott. From your intro a soft top D90 would be a good fit! And there are plenty available at great proces right now to (not true for 110's)

charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2008, 10:09 AM
smittycrusher
Scott B. Smith
None Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityD90
I think you'll find a 90 a better "brother" since you have a great 4 door wheeler already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Welcome Scott. From your intro a soft top D90 would be a good fit! And there are plenty available at great proces right now to (not true for 110's)

charles
Thanks Gery and Charles for the welcome. I too think that a D-90 softop is where I will continue this addiction. I really like the idea of a soft top since I have the hard top covered already in the cruiser. I am too anal to buy anything in the near future. I am going to have to research, hunt, research some more, probably hunt a lot more, and research more. I enjoy the pre-buying aspect almost as much as the buying and driving. My wife accuses me of finding something I like and letting it take me over. I don't see why a defender would be any different.

I hope to get to meet some of you Atlanta defender owners soon. I know I will learn alot from all you whether on the forum, the trails, or just kicking tires in a parking lot.

Smitty

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.