New to ownership (D90) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old February 20th, 2015, 08:29 PM
flyboy
Tim
None

New to ownership (D90)

I'm flyboy. Been a member since 2011, but never have owned or posted. I live in Northern VA. From TN. . I've always loved the look of the D90. I casually went into a Land Rover dealership in 1997 in Nashville. Was going to drive and buy a soft top 90. I remember how cool it was. It was 14 degrees that day and I went to start it, the battery and starter were strong. But, it wouldn't start. I thought- wow a new car won't start! So, I walked away and boy to I regret that. I probably would have kept it and maintained it with the intention of keeping it forever. Well, now I am looking for someone who has had one for a long time, done the necessary items to keep it maintained for a lifetime. I want a good driver. High mileage does not bother me, but Letting the head gasket go would. That sort of thing. So, I am patient. I can and will let the right truck come and the right price. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2015, 08:33 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Welcome ... Do you have an ideal vehicle or are you open? If you are seriously looking be advised that many trucks get sold off the board because it can be a harsh place to sell here ... People know all the possible faults and put pressure on prices accordingly.

Some amazing deals have been had trawling CL and other places. As long as you contribute to the community you'll find plenty of people able to help inspect vehicles or share history.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old February 20th, 2015, 09:05 PM
flyboy
Tim
None

I want a higher mileage D90 that has been maintained properly. Preferably would like a 95 or 97 green hardtop. A daily driver would be ideal..

My second choice would be a 85ish 2.5NA. Something like GMR or Johan in MI put out. Hard top or canvas top here would have equal preference.

I'm patient. I will wait and get the right car. I will not skimp on expense on a pre purchase inspection. I plan to keep this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2015, 09:45 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Welcome. I sent you a private message.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Tags
90, d90