New to me '95 D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old March 27th, 2015, 04:53 PM
WG_moots
Status: Offline
Wilmer
None
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
New to me '95 D90

I've been keeping my eye out for one of these for many years and have been a member (exclusively lurking and learning) since 2011.

I can finally announce that I am happily cruising in a beautiful 1995 Defender. I'd like to thank this community for everything I have learned while sitting on the sidelines and hope to be able to start contributing soon.

IMG_2265

This truck has had a long list of work done to it by the previous owner and seems to be in fine driving shape. I do have a CEL and code 44 showing, but a new Bosch o2 sensor is on it's way from Amazon.

Happy Driving!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old March 27th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Roverenvy's Avatar
Roverenvy
Status: Offline
Michael
1994 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 384
Registry
Welcome! I'm in Houston also.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 27th, 2015, 07:48 PM
D90_982
Status: Offline
Chad
1994 ST #982 (SOLD)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Suburban Philadelphia
Posts: 239
Congrats.

Did you buy from the guy that had 2 95s that he restored?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old March 27th, 2015, 08:36 PM
WG_moots
Status: Offline
Wilmer
None
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90_982 View Post
Congrats.

Did you buy from the guy that had 2 95s that he restored?
That is correct. He is a fine gentleman and did a hell of a job on this one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 27th, 2015, 09:54 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WG_moots View Post
I've been keeping my eye out for one of these for many years and have been a member (exclusively lurking and learning) since 2011. I can finally announce that I am happily cruising in a beautiful 1995 Defender. I'd like to thank this community for everything I have learned while sitting on the sidelines and hope to be able to start contributing soon. IMG_2265 This truck has had a long list of work done to it by the previous owner and seems to be in fine driving shape. I do have a CEL and code 44 showing, but a new Bosch o2 sensor is on it's way from Amazon. Happy Driving!
You should replace O2 sensors in pairs.
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 28th, 2015, 09:12 AM
WG_moots
Status: Offline
Wilmer
None
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
You should replace O2 sensors in pairs.
Thanks for the tip and just out of curiosity ... why is that recommended?

I am guessing you'd want both O2 sensors to read the same. So if one is new and the other one isn't, the may have different readings .... and bad things happen??

wg
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 28th, 2015, 09:41 AM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WG_moots View Post
Thanks for the tip and just out of curiosity ... why is that recommended? I am guessing you'd want both O2 sensors to read the same. So if one is new and the other one isn't, the may have different readings .... and bad things happen?? wg
Because you want to have consistency. Over time they corrode, get residue on them and that effects there outputs. If one side has reached the tolerance to be reported as a fail then the other one is likely not far behind.
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 28th, 2015, 09:45 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
It's sort of like re-soleing only one shoe out of the pair.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:27 AM
WG_moots
Status: Offline
Wilmer
None
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
It's starting. Small things to start ... the endless on-line shopping for parts:

-convex side mirrors.
-O2 sensors
-seals for bulk head vents

I've been daily driving and it runs great for a 20year old truck. I've even had offers to buy it, but this is a keeper!

thanks for all the knowledge on this forum. Hopefully, I will be able to start contributing soon.

WG
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 2nd, 2015, 03:36 PM
asaldworth's Avatar
asaldworth
Status: Offline
Alex
1995 NAS D90 ST
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta & NW FL
Posts: 85
Vent Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG_moots View Post
-seals for bulk head vents
I highly recommend replacing vent seals with the Series rubber gaskets. See link below.

http://www.defendersource.com/mod/vent_seal/index.html

Congrats on the purchase and let the fun begin.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 2nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
WG_moots
Status: Offline
Wilmer
None
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaldworth View Post
I highly recommend replacing vent seals with the Series rubber gaskets. See link below.

http://www.defendersource.com/mod/vent_seal/index.html

Congrats on the purchase and let the fun begin.
I've been reading a lot of previous threads and the FAQ section ... Thanks to the information I found on the forum, those are the ones I ordered from Rovers North. I haven't driven it in the rain but thought it was an easy, worthwhile upgrade.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Tags
90, 95, d90

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand new disco 1 d90 eBC black slotted rotors new never used Jwillia For Sale - Parts 16 November 14th, 2014 11:10 AM
NEW - Rebel 4x4 Jackable Sliders D90 - NEW JohnC For Sale - Parts 4 October 26th, 2012 02:08 PM
d90 roll bar or trade d90 for d90 SBrick Wanted 22 January 16th, 2012 11:05 PM
New Member - Help Needed on new NAS D90 P Diddy Defender Technical Discussions 26 June 19th, 2010 06:20 PM
Land Rover G4 Challenge - New York City, New York USA chrisvonc Trip & Trail Reports 0 February 4th, 2004 03:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Copyright