New To Defender Source - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old March 20th, 2016, 08:51 PM
maxingout
Dave
1984 110,

New To Defender Source

Hi from Phoenix.

New to Defender Source, but not new to Defenders.

I had three different Defender 110s when I worked in Saudi Arabia where I belonged to the Riyadh Rover Register. We camped out in the desert between 60-90 nights a year in Arabia.

I now have one Defender 110 in North America, one Defender 110 in New Zealand, and one Defender 130 in Australia.

All the Defenders are kitted out for expeditionary travel. All I need to do is retire so that I can get underway.

I look forward to seeing what I can learn from Defender Source.

Thanks,

Dave

1984 Defender 110 in USA
1995 Defender 110 in New Zealand
1995 Defender 130 in Australia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2016, 08:58 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Welcome Dave. Check out Arizona Land Rovers. Pretty active club with a bunch of serious LR enthusiasts.
Old March 20th, 2016, 10:02 PM
maxingout
Dave
1984 110,

Hi Dave,

I am actually a member of AZLRO.

We have met on facebook were I post as David Abbott.

I don't get to do many AZLRO trips because of my work and other family responsibilities. I hope to solve that situation before too long.

I can't complain because I have had six Defenders, and tens of thousands of miles off-road in the Saudi Desert. I am just impatient to get rolling once again.

I lived overseas for 28 years, and I returned to the USA because of the health of my elderly parents who have now passed away. What was to be only a couple of years working in the USA turned out to be significantly longer.

I am ready for another adventure.

I would like to drive around the world in one of my Defenders. In the next six months, I hope a plan comes together.

OVERLAND UNI - JOIN TEAM MAXING OUT IN THEIR ADVENTURES AS THEY TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD IN LAND ROVER DEFENDERS - DAVID J. ABBOTT M.D.

I have three expeditionary equipped vehicles ready to go. It's time to make some real plans!

1984 Defender 110 in USA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2016, 10:08 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Ha! Small world. Welcome to D-Source and I would love to see your truck in person. Lets find a time to meet up for lunch or see if you can make a Thursday night meeting.
Old March 20th, 2016, 10:45 PM
maxingout
Dave
1984 110,

Maybe on an evening or a week-end.

I am at the Phoenix Indian Medical Center when I am in town.

I spend a third of my time flying out to Fort Apache, San Carlos Apache, Hopi, Hualapai, Colorado River Tribes to see patients. We fly in Barons and King Air 200. My schedule is very irregular, and lunches are not possible except on week-ends.

We will make it happen.

1984 Defender 110 in USA

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Tags
defender