Howdy from Soldier in Graf, Germany - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old June 27th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Soldier1969
Jim
Looking!

Howdy from Soldier in Graf, Germany

Good day everyone, I am a US Army Soldier stationed in Bavaria, Germany. Here for you to learn me on these vehicles. I really like to look of these vehicles and am considering buying one. I've searched ebay & mobile.de website so far.

I would like to know more about the vehicle so it made sense to join your forum so you can help me understand more about the vehicle.

Thanks and I look forward to interacting with you, and ask for your patience as I am sure I will ask some of the same questions as others that were here before me. Thanks, Jim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2015, 07:12 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Welcome. Member JimC is stationed over in Stuttgart about 2.5 hours away from you and knows just about al there is to know about them.
Old June 27th, 2015, 07:59 AM
kimberly
kimberly
1957 LR S1 88"

Registry
Hi Jim! have you ever had a Land Rover?
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier1969 View Post
Good day everyone, I am a US Army Soldier stationed in Bavaria, Germany. Here for you to learn me on these vehicles. I really like to look of these vehicles and am considering buying one. I've searched ebay & mobile.de website so far. I would like to know more about the vehicle so it made sense to join your forum so you can help me understand more about the vehicle. Thanks and I look forward to interacting with you, and ask for your patience as I am sure I will ask some of the same questions as others that were here before me. Thanks, Jim.
Wonderful thread on importing Defenders into the USA Is a must read. Doubt even our finest get to escape US Custom regulations

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old June 27th, 2015, 12:31 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I was thinking about rolling towards Honhenfels on the Monday after 4th of July to buy beer at the Winklerbrau and pick up some stuff at Nakatanenga. If you want to meet for an early lunch and check out the 130 you're welcome to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 27th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Soldier1969
Jim
Looking!

Thanks Jim, sounds great and I'd appreciate seeing the vehicle.

------ Follow up post added June 27th, 2015 01:19 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
Hi Jim! have you ever had a Land Rover?
Kimberly, I have not owned one however, I am very interested in owning one. I like the style of them, not sure which model is the right model for me to pursue...I am heading back to the USA in about 9 - 10 months so I wanted to get my stuff together, do the research and find the right one, whether in Europe or back home...I appreciate any and all advice from all that own one, appreciate schooling me so I don't make costly mistakes. Thanks, Jim.
Old June 27th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Soldier1969
Jim
Looking!

I am looking for a nice one as a daily driver and also to pull my boat every other week. I think the diesel is the better option (for longevity and fuel economy purposes). I'd like to have the convenience of Air Conditioning, not even sure if its an option. Also, no problem if its right hand drive as I drove a right hand drive one 1996-1997 while we were in Bosnia, it was a green 2 - door with a 4 cylinder diesel, and a right hand drive. It was not fast but would go absolutely everywhere and went through the snow with no problems whatsoever.

There is one for sale on ebay that has my interest, it is a "Defender Dormobile Roof County 110".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.