Hi there from Queensland Australia - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 14th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Rhonda Wilks
1990 Perentie 110 Defender
Hi there from Queensland Australia

Hi everyone...
I have browsed the Defender site & found it to be most interesting therefore compelled to join up.
We have a 1990 ex military Fitted for Radio (FFR) Perentie Landrover.
We are currently work on it to make it comfortable to go away traveling in, essentially it will be a home on 4 wheels. So far we have built in storage on the sides of the tub, have an Engel fridge which sits on the tub floor to the rear, a plastic box which serves as back up pantry, a fold up toilet (USA brief case style), cargo netting overhead for storing pillows & thermarests (we plan to do away with the thermarests & install canvas covered high density foam cushioning on the built in storage lids & 3 bed slats), we have also installed mozzie netting to keep the nocturnal bloodsuckers out at night while we sleep. I have also made insect screen socks for the 2 front doors so the windows can be left open at night.
I don't have any photo's yet of the Perentie with the work mentioned above.
Anyway... great to be here & Merry Christmas to all.

Old December 14th, 2015, 05:40 AM
1989 110 200tdi
thanks for sharing! Would love to see photos of your build. Queensland is a prime place to be!

Old December 14th, 2015, 09:31 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
On behalf of myself and the other Aussies on this board, we say a big hardy G'DAY.. And welcome to the assylum...(yes, I know it's usually spelled with one S.. But stick around, you'll see why that spelling is sometimes more appropriate) ...
This board is extremely helpful to the defender side of things, but for the build out camper side of things there is another site called expedition portal and there are some great build ups of expedition land rovers in there..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.