Hi From Sumter SC - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old April 27th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Chupacabra
Chuck
1985 110

Hi From Sumter SC

I bought a 1985 Land Rover 110 from a man in the Netherlands a year and a half back. The old 2.5na was changed out some time ago and I have a 200tdi under the bonnet. It was a great ride throughout Germany, I really enjoyed her personality. It’s too bad that I don’t have possession of it at this time. US Customs will not allow it entry into the U.S. based on EPA regulations due to the engine swap. They’re saying that the engine is not identical to the original and original means identical. We’ve said that the import form allows an engine to be changed with an equivalent. They said equivalent means identical. The fight is on. We’ll see the EPA at the Court of International trade in a few months. I hope I get the old wagon back. I have high hope of some great camping trips

It's great to be on board with everyone here. http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-la...ing-1763372806

Thanks,
Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Scottyoh
Enigma RnR
'87 127"
D-90 Source Vendor

Welcome aboard and best of luck to you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 27th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Chupacabra
Chuck
1985 110

Thanks. Looking forward to the droves of information that i'll need to get her running again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.