Hi everyone - from NorCal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old January 15th, 2015, 06:14 AM
fpdigit
Peter
1985 LR90 2.5NA

Hi everyone - from NorCal

Hi everyone,

New D90 owner here. I've lurked here about a year, and posted a few times recently. Probably should go about things the right way and introduce myself properly first!

I don't have pics of the car to share yet (I have the sill panels off to straighten them out). But I would like share what I got in the mail today. For those of you who know about CA - you'll understand that this is the fruit of months of anxiety and labor.

The car had a hard working prior life - judging from the state of the tailgate, cargo bed and the pounds of dirt that rained down on my face when I pulled off the wheel arch. But it's been running great so far - well at least to the extent that I can tell after 2 tanks of diesel.

I'm really looking forward to making this a revolving restoration project. I think it's easy to end up with the car torn down and sitting on jacks for months on end (not that there's anything wrong with that!). But my goal for is to keep the scope of my projects small enough that the car is within a day's work of being driveable at any time.

If anybody in the bay area wouldn't mind giving the D90 a look over and share their thoughts - please PM me! I'm trying to learn as much as I can about Rovers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JsrT-2MXAY2LtL6eNYN01AdfeLOvVAEEr9z2N-r2QBs=w957-h354-no.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	111086  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2015, 10:24 AM
El Solis
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)

Hola! I'm in Livermore and have a little collection of Rovers myself including one with a 200tdi. I'm also a member of the Northern CA Land Rover Club (NCLR). You should join up. We have 8-10 regular trips a year plus monthly gatherings and we use our trucks. I'll pm you some more details but a few of us are getting together at my house sat to plan a trip to Oregon this summer, you should stop by.

Chris
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:25 AM
El Solis
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)

Oh here is a pic from last weekend. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421335502.052691.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	111091

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.