Hi all, from NoVA - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:35 PM
None (Yet)
Hi all, from NoVA

I'm not an LR owner yet, but with my lease expiring and me only putting about 1.5K miles a year on a personal vehicle, it's time to get a Defender to augment the Fat Boy.

The problem I'm running into is finding a solid one at a decent price. I'm handy enough with mechanical and electrical, so I'm not afraid of a project, but as you all know these are thin on the ground, busted or not. Not having looked much into these, I don't have a good frame of reference for value to condition. Saw one for sale in the region recently that said it needed a new rear crossmember and showed a fair amount of rust, which may be beyond my capability to restore and it wasn't exactly close enough to pop in for a look.

So I continue searching. Meanwhile I figured I'd see what's what in the community and pick up some tips before I give up and get a Disco.

I've loved the Defender since I was a kid, asking dad "What that funny looking Jeep is" to which I was corrected that "THAT, son, is not a Jeep. It's a Land Rover." "It looks NEATO!" "Yes son. Unreliable. But neato."

I got to drive a few Defenders in a lot of foreign places, and realized, yes, I really need to get one.

Long story longer, I'm Chris and I'm looking for a Defender.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.