Originally Posted by m009490
So, here we go lads and lasses, where would everyone start if they could vicariously live a rebuild project through me.
1. 90 or 110?
2. LHD or RHD?
3. Import or buy in the USA?
4. Military vehicle or civvy?
5. Reliable procurement/import services
4. In what range should I pay for an honest truck for restoration?
thank you every one for your thoughts
Congrats! The hunt is half the fun.
1. 90 or 110? Personal preference. I find the 90 to be more fun to drive.My 110 is a 3 door.
2. LHD or RHD? I prefer LHD since that is the side we drive on here, and if you decide to sell get a few more dollars.
3. Import or buy in the USA? I would find the best original 200TDI Defender you can find over there and import. Or there are guys here that can get you one. Johan on the board seems to get nice ones and he prices them well.
4. Military vehicle or civvy? I prefer civilian spec.
5. Reliable procurement/import services. Uncle Doug for importing. (Search the forum...many references - I used him). As far as procurement I am sure many here can help you find something over there. LOL!
4. In what range should I pay for an honest truck for restoration? The vary wildly depending on the quality and the seller.
Sorry, I know my answers are not much help. You might try searching Defender importing on Google. More than likely it will direct you to one of our forum threads.
Good luck and have fun with it.