Hello Good People - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old July 18th, 2015, 04:16 AM
Philip_Savv
Philip Savvides
Defender 90 2.5 TD5 1994 Model

Hello Good People

Hi everyone, i am new here. I am a proud owner of a Defender 90 1994 model. Looking forward to catch up with you guys and maybe give me some advise on how to upgrade and pimp up my Defender!

Btw, for questions regarding how to upgrade my Landy, in which category do i post?

Regards
Philip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2015, 07:04 AM
EnduroPro
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90

Welcome Philip. My advice, just hang out on the forum for weeks and months before pimping anything other than perhaps a few tweaks. Use the time to acclimate to the culture and appreciate the rareness of the D90.

Fun threads: what have you done to your Defender today

Fun sections: small projects , technical discussions.

Happy trails!!!

------ Follow up post added July 18th, 2015 07:06 AM ------

Just noticed that you are in Cyprus. Perhaps the D90 not so rare out there. Here in the U.S. its a much different story!!!!!
Old July 18th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Philip_Savv
Philip Savvides

Hi Thanks for your answer! Yes here we got loads! And mine needs new seats and air condition instalment. The heat now in CY is unbearable and its difficult and frustrating to drive when its above 37 degrees.

I will be posting some of my thoughts on the sections! See you there soon!

Regards
Philip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
Philip,

Welcome tot he board. I spent a few months in Akrotiri in the summer. Yes is only slightly cooler than the forward face of Mercury. You may want to look at some of the vendor websites for air conditioning options (mine works really well). They also sell seat kits. The seats are bolted to tub and through the wheel well with some re-enforcement plates on the underside. There are lots of options, single jumpseats, folding benches for two, forward facing. The possibilities are only limited by your pocketbook. As an example, these folks have a lot of what your asking about illustrated.
Defender Parts & Accessories Home - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts
There are lots of other vendors, they have one of the nicer websites. Shipping from the US to Cyprus might be ridiculous.

While I was in Cyprus, the UN had a wreaking yard for Land Rovers damaged in Palestine. There where hundreds of them there. Should be some seats on some of those, they kind of all work on all models with small modifications. I have seen sellers on eBay UK that are selling parts from that lot.

Miss having a full Kabab and the free Kokineli, albeit drinking the Kokineli diminishes your ability to remember the meal.
Old July 18th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Philip_Savv
Philip Savvides

Hey Dogpilot!

Glad you enjoyed your time in Cy, and of course you are more than welcome to come back again, plenty of sun, wine and kebab is waiting for you when you get back here

Akrotiri is just amazing! I played live music (guitar) there in the officers mess for the RAF. Great place and great people.

Which year is your land rover? Does your A/C consume a lot of diesel? How much did it cost to install it?

Thanks for that link. If thats in the US then it would be cheaper to buy a new car than ship those here.

I found this guy who is in the UK.

Land Rover Seats, Seat Covers, Hoods and More - Exmoor Trim

Seems like he has really good variety of seats. I am looking to upgrade it slowly and make it really good looking and functional since I dont plan to sell it. Each year I will be changing/upgrading parts until it becomes the car I want it to be.
Old July 18th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
My Land Rover is a US Spec with factory air. Some of the options are very similar. Installing AC in any vehicle is not for the faint of heart. I only suggested RN website as they show a whole lot of different options. Shipping would be insane. In fact it would almost be cheaper to take the train (after you get to the mainland) to UK, buy all the stuff you need and bring it back with you. Besides, you would get to enjoy that great English food for a few days . While I was at Akrotiri I spent a bunch of time at the O club but divided my time at the ski club on the beach as well. I did go out to the ruins close to the base several times, quite a big dig there. I had lots of spare time while my airplane was being repaired, kind of caught on fire, big time.

You may want to look into ebay UK and see who that seller is that claims to be in Cyprus. He had a large variety of parts, which I assume are surplus from the base. You could get seats very reasonable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.