Hello from Western Australia - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old July 24th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Eastfreo
James Bowie
2015 110

Hello from Western Australia

Hi all

Have been meaning to join here for a while. Last October I purchased a new 2015 110. I can't tell you how much I enjoy this car.

Like many others I grew up with Land Rovers. On my parents farm we have had many Series 2 then 3 and then Defenders. We still have a td5 tray on the farm, Dad still drives his old 300tdi 110 as his daily driver (amusingly he drives it over his couple of year old Mercedes 350S).

Also my father in law has a 1948 Series 1 as well.

I live in Perth but my 110 (nicknamed Mathilda by our young kids) regularly gets some good off road workouts in the country. We just had a week off on the south coast of West Australia where we hit some awesome tracks and did some fishing. Old school holiday!

Cheers

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
pictures of said off road tracks required or it didn't happen
Cheers

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 24th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
G'day James! I am from Kalamunda/Forrestfield/Maida Vale area...parents moved a lot

Living in the USA now for 24yrs, but get back home at least once every year to visit folks. I really miss the beach driving we have down there - loved going down past Mandurah and hitting the the beach (had a Nissan Patrol then) and fishing for Taylor & Mulloway when I was a kid.

This is a great informational site even though you are on the other side of the earth! Sed pics of your travels - especially if you go up to the Pinnacles, a shot of a LR up there would be loved by these blokes.
Advertisement

Old July 24th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Eastfreo
James Bowie
2015 110

Here is shot taken last week with the kids near a beach called Hush Hush outside a small town called Walpole. Doesn't look it in the photo but the Defender was parked on a very steep incline here! So much so that I got out to take the photo but it didn't do it any justice.

You will see here also how the Defender gets used as a mobile jungle gym. Kids just love to climb over it!
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:03 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Welcome here, James.
Glad to have you.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Eastfreo
James Bowie
2015 110

Try again with the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	125719  
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastfreo View Post
Try again with the photo.
Outstanding

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old July 24th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Walpole!! Have not heard that in many years....used to go camping there as a kid - catching Maron on the rivers was our daily exercise in April! Very very scenic part of sthn WA
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Eastfreo
James Bowie
2015 110

Unfortunately I haven't been taking many photos of the tracks but I will endeavour to change that.

However for the international audience here is a short video my 7 year old took last week. Interesting as normally kangaroos jump away pretty quick when a car approaches (or as often as not when you are going fast on the normal road maybe straight into you).

Ignore the voices. I was trying to get my 5 yr old daughter's attention away from the iPad!
Attached Files
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Eastfreo
James Bowie
2015 110

Hi Craig

It's a great part of the world. Parents have a holiday house on the inlet. It's not far, as you would know, from Manjimup where I lived as a kid and our farms are around Bridgetown.

Good thing about the Defender is it helps get my kids back to the country. Here is a shot a few months back where they are helping Granny move a herd across a road just outside Brodgetown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	125725  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.