Hello from Washington state - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 4th, 2016, 04:43 AM
None ...yet
Hello from Washington state

Hello, all its my first post here, I have been reading you guys anonymously for a while now and I thought I'd go register myself. <-- no more

A little about myself, I'm an ex- software consultant that has left the office to pursue an art career where I'm much happier and probably healthier (without all the stress and junk food right?). I have wanted a Defender ever since I saw a NAS 110 back in school (I'm not that old only 30).

I've managed to stash a small sum away this last year but I'm now having to resisting the urge to run out and buy any 110 that pops up on craigslist. However, I've decided to wait a little bit longer for some newer powered ones to become eligible for import like 200 300 or even an early Td5 if I'm still looking.
For fun I thought I'd mention my personal favourite rovers that I'm considering
  • Rover of choice: Later Tdi or Td5 110 or 130HCPU
  • If I can afford a 2nd rover: 101FC
  • If I can afford a 3nd rover: Series one or two (any ...just gotta love headlights in the grille right)
Thanks all in advance, I'm amazed with the stuff you guys come up with!

Old January 4th, 2016, 10:29 AM
1986 110

~ Semper Fidelis ~
Old January 4th, 2016, 02:08 PM
'84 2-carb'd V8 4-speed 110 LHD SW
Since you're in WA, you might want to make sure to get the guy's take @ Defenders Northwest on your engine scheme. And once you make a decision on said engine scheme, do go drive one somewhere if possible, even if you have to fly plum to Florida to do it. Personally, if there's a shop somewhere that's done one LS swap after the other, I'd seriously consider buying a LHD V8 near them & let them get after it...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.