Hello from NYC - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old February 8th, 2016, 09:28 PM
UniversalImports
Peter
None Right Now

Hello from NYC

Hello!

I have been reading away. Thanks for all of the fun info. I cannot wait to set myself up with a 25 year old adventure mobile.

Question of the day:

I have lived in NJ most of my life and registered cars pretty easily through DMV or whatever it is called now. I have since moved to NYC and have never dealt with dmv here.

Would anyone like share their experiences with NY's dmv registering their newly imported defenders? I can register in either NJ or NY at the time being.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2016, 09:30 PM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
NJ took a little bit of time to go through the registration, but within an hour I was done...in NJ a 25 yo diesel is completely exempt for any inspection.

2017 Range Rover L405 HSE TD6
2008 Range Rover HSE L322/MkIII - Gone but not forgotten
1988 D90 County RHD 2.5TD
2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Old February 8th, 2016, 09:35 PM
UniversalImports
Peter
None Right Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by icnsltmfg View Post
NJ took a little bit of time to go through the registration, but within an hour I was done...in NJ a 25 yo diesel is completely exempt for any inspection.
Thanks man! Where in NJ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2016, 07:02 AM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
In NJ -I would suggest is a clear color picture printed if your VIN plate and a photo of the truck in running order if you plan to get historic plates. My imported truck VIN didn't register in the DMV so I had to produce a color photo so they could manually correct their system to accept the VIN.
Old February 9th, 2016, 08:44 AM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
I am over in Essex County....agree...have a very good color photo of the VIN plate...mine they gave me problems since one of the letters had a small scratch near it and they thought it was faked...there was not benefit in historic plates...I have it registered as a regular vehicle...the older diesel makes it exempt from all inspections...I cary in the truck the section from the DMV website stating the exemption if ever questioned by a LEO...

2017 Range Rover L405 HSE TD6
2008 Range Rover HSE L322/MkIII - Gone but not forgotten
1988 D90 County RHD 2.5TD
2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Old February 9th, 2016, 09:40 AM
UniversalImports
Peter
None Right Now

Thanks guys! Appreciate all suggestions and tips with something this old. I was in South Orange and Hoboken before. There was this guy in Hoboken with two D90s in his garage. A bright yellow and a black one in tip top shape.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.