Hello from NoVa - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 19th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Rock Star
1989 110 CSW
Hello from NoVa

Hello to the whole community. I have begun to learn about the Defenders and am anxiously looking for one of my own.

I am a diagnosed gear-head and have many current and former projects but most have been sports/racing vehicles. I am embarking on a new foray into off-road vehicles and after looking at all the options I am leaning toward a land rover. I have joined this community because it seems like one of the most active in the US and I have learned far more from reading the various threads on this site then any other.

Currently I am looking to pick up a 110 that needs some work and I can build to my taste. I plan to use it as a supplementary vehicle (I'd say second, but it is really more like 7th). My use conditions are as follows:

• Once converted into a soft/droptop, used for transport to the beach from beach house ~6 miles w/ anywhere from 1-10 people with chairs cooler etc (misc probably in hitch rack as needed)
  • In winter with hardtop on and roof rack it will be used to bring people and gear to the mountain for skiing/snowboarding. Driving day trips from either NoVa or 1-2 times a year up to VT/NH (2-4 people)
  • Early Spring or Late fall used for camping/exploring GWNF (2-4 people)
  • I'd also like it to be capable of towing a car and trailer. Not too often, but if needed (mostly sports cars on an aluminum trailer so ~4-5k lbs)

I know I'll probably need to fab up a inner roll bar/cage or something to be able to remove the top and retain mounts for three point seat belts, but other then that I feel like the truck would do things pretty well.

Anyway, greetings. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you and meeting some at local get-togethers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.