Hello from Florida - new Defender owner - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old November 23rd, 2017, 08:15 PM
daniel_FL
Daniel
1986 Defender

Registry
Hello from Florida - new Defender owner

Hi all,

I am happy to say I just finished importing a 1986 Land Rover Tithonus Defender 110 from the UK to Florida, and got it all legally titled and registered this week. My other car is a Lexus LX 470, which is essentially a Lexus-badged Land Cruiser. While the LX itself is great off road and we've had quite a few fun adventures in it (including the White Rim Trail in Utah), I've always loved Land Rovers. My father had a grey-market import Range Rover Classic when I was little, which I thought was the coolest car then. Later when I was a teen, he gave me his P38 as my first car.

I've always kept an eye on what kind of Land Rovers are out there on the market, just to "keep tabs on things" and dream about options. I actually came across this Tithonus-refurbished Defender on these forums. Since starting the import process, I have been reading many threads on here. Very thankful to you all for the information provided here -- it has been invaluable.

As for the Defender itself -- been driving it for about 3 days now, and it has been very fun as it's my first manual transmission. Being left handed, the RHD layout with the stick to my left fortunately feels natural. The visibility and absence of power steering are certainly interesting changes from the LX. They're worlds apart in experience, but the bare bones Defender leaves me grinning as I drive it.

Again, thanks to you all for all the information provided here. I've already got a few projects and improvements in mind for the Defender, so I'll be lurking around, researching, and occasionally posting of course. As for pictures, I've added it to the registry, but cannot post a link as my account is apparently too new for that.

- Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2017, 08:39 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Welcome to the forum Daniel The Tith is a great starting point that comes with a lot of upgrades. The two best things I did to mine was a 200Tdi and power steering. Enjoy the sickness but remember these things are not Toyotas. But they are fun as hell! Cheers!
Old November 24th, 2017, 09:10 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 25th, 2017, 07:08 AM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Another Florida welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old November 25th, 2017, 11:22 PM
fartsinpublic
Pat P
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Enjoy the sickness but remember these things are not Toyotas.
Thank god for that.

And I echo the welcomes!

(Former Miami/33139 LR Owner)
Old November 26th, 2017, 01:15 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Welcome.
I like my all high tech daily driver, but itís my 90 that makes me a smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Tags
defender, new defender