Hello from East TN - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old February 16th, 2015, 01:56 PM
TN1TEN
Caleb
1983 110 County 3.5L V8

Hello from East TN

I thought I would say hello before I started lurking around. I will be buying a 110 or series wagon within the year and want to learn as much as I can. I will be hauling the family around the back woods and love the classic 4x4s. I've been considering an International Scout as that was the rig that I learned to drive in the fields around my house. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a travelall that hasn't rusted out. :-(

Looks like a great community you have here! If anyone has suggestions on must read threads for noobs, that would be excellent.

Hopefully the first of many post...

Cheers!

Caleb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Mamba
Richard
'65 109 Dormobile

Registry
Just so as you know, the 109/110 virus can invaid your brain where it can immediately manifest in the full-blown disease or remain dormant for long periods, striking with no notice. Records (and my wife) indicate it a life-long ailment.

On a serious note, research your choice carefully before you buy to be sure the truck is customs compliant should you choose to invest in these particular Green Ovals. This link will give you the best heads-up about the controversy (http://jalopnik.com/why-are-the-feds...-ol-1672381729). Don't let it scare you away, as it is a wonderful disease. And this forum has all the help you need to find the right truck. Hope to be hearing about your new RoverRide soon.
Old February 16th, 2015, 08:19 PM
TN1TEN
Caleb
1983 110 County 3.5L V8

Wow, what an interesting read. I knew there were some tough restrictions on imports based on the how folks have been posting their for sale adds but didn't realize the level of scrutiny they've been under the last couple of years. Have their been any other seizures other than the one features or was this THE major example and not much since? I will definitely be looking for one already in the states but it sounds like there is still some risk even if all the proper paper work is in order. Strange to say the least b/c there is no clear cut reason why they narrowed in on the defender.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Jbullis
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3

Registry
What part of TN are you in? I'm in Johnson City. If you're close get with me and I'll help...

Jason
Old February 17th, 2015, 11:41 AM
TN1TEN
Caleb
1983 110 County 3.5L V8

Oh cool, I'm really close in Elizabethton. PM sent
Old March 5th, 2015, 02:44 PM
vasily
Vasily
97 D90 SW

Registry
Nice to see more guys on here from east Tennessee.
Old March 5th, 2015, 08:01 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
My family is in Blountville, I'm around on occasion.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old May 17th, 2015, 01:45 PM
blue62
Clay
Series iia

Hey, good to see some TN boys on here. My brother bought a iia about 6 years about and I just found its clone in Kodiak AK and had to buy it. We grew up in Bristol.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:56 AM
GunnyUSMC
Eric
1991 Defender 90 200TDI

Registry
It's a small world, I have a house in Greeneville and used to work at the USMC reserve center in Gray. I currently live in England working for the DoD. If you need any help looking for one over here let me know. I also have a 110 that I will be sending that way with the help of Uncle Doug, that I will be putting up for sale soon.

Cheers,

Eric
Old June 18th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Spartan-rover
Jason Bagwell
1985 D110 CSW

Registry
I want to second the endorsement of Uncle Doug. Thought I had researched the hell out of importing but found many pitfalls in the process. Eventually ended up with Doug and he helped me out at a critical point in the process. He is straight forward and fair. There are a lot of seedy sales guys out there so be sure to get good references for whomever you choose to work with.

Jason

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.