Hello all new member with easy question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old October 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM
landroverdefender
al
none

Hello all new member with easy question

hello so im in search for a d90...but with all the price differences I've seen online ...boys its confusing. Price range from 32K TO 80K...wow
Anyways any tips on my soul searching. I'm looking for a hard top that's not yellow my spending is between 30 and 32k...I don't mind putting in some work.thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2014, 02:40 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Take a look here

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...isplay.php?f=8
Old October 29th, 2014, 12:09 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight

Registry
rethink your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by landroverdefender View Post
hello so im in search for a d90...but with all the price differences I've seen online ...boys its confusing. Price range from 32K TO 80K...wow
Anyways any tips on my soul searching. I'm looking for a hard top that's not yellow my spending is between 30 and 32k...I don't mind putting in some work.thank you
al.... california doen't allow defenders to be registered.... i have had two defenders DQ... so save yourself the headache and $$$$$$

good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2014, 12:13 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.rover View Post
al.... california doen't allow defenders to be registered.... i have had two defenders DQ... so save yourself the headache and $$$$$$ good luck!!
What?????????????? '94, '95, '97 NAS no problem. When I registered in CA, they scrutinized the truck like I had never seen before. Checked and re-checked every vin location, engine, etc.
Old October 29th, 2014, 12:34 PM
sloanfiske
Anthony Nelson
97 D90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
What?????????????? '94, '95, '97 NAS no problem.
and 1993 NAS 110

Honestly, if you keep looking, you'll eventually find one. You'll have to stick with a NAS likely given the CARB stuff in Cali. They like to make sure the "50 States Emissions" sticker is on the truck.

30-32k is probably more likely to get you a high mileage truck, but dont be scared of the miles on the clock. you'll probably need to spend some money though to take care of a few things.

If you've never owned a rover, i'd recommend finding a Range Rover Classic or a Discovery 1 and learn the ins and outs of what makes them tick. But that's just me.
Old October 29th, 2014, 12:47 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight

Registry
that's a lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
That isn't quite true. You can not import directly into the Яepublik, it needs to be registered in another state first.

-Jeff
tony... have you registered a defender (non Nas) in CA???

btw... i had two defenders with out of state titles and they were both rejected! i got that dreaded CARB letter!

you can import whatever you want into california .... the question that remains is ... can it be registered here?
Old October 29th, 2014, 01:02 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.rover View Post
you can import whatever you want into california .... the question that remains is ... can it be registered here?
You know everything they do is for the children. If they can save just one child from the wrath of a ROW Defender it's all worth it.
Old October 29th, 2014, 01:17 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
You know everything they do is for the children. If they can save just one child from the wrath of a ROW Defender it's all worth it.
Even the illegal ones! Children that is. Not ROWs.

It was once proposed that all the flaming Eco-liberals do the world a favor by reducing co2 with a pledge to all hold their breath for twenty minutes. It might make a measurable difference! ;-)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.