Florida - looking for a military Series III 109 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old January 6th, 2015, 02:17 PM
hmmrbrg
HMMRBRG
1972 SIII 109

Florida - looking for a military Series III 109

Hello everyone. I'm a huge fan of Defenders but have never been able to afford one (or rather; motivate the better half that it makes total sense to pay more for a 30 years old truck than a brand new LR4Ö). Anyway, I am now looking to take the first step by buying a military Series III 109, canvas top, left side steering. I guess it doesn't have to be a military version but I like that rugged look. All beat up and gritty. And I assume that the more stripped down they are, the less they would cost?

I don't know the first thing about the mechanical/engine side of things so I would need something that runs and runs well. The cosmetics I can tinker with myself. This would be an island/surf/beach truck. It wouldnít go faster than 35mph (island max speed). It would be garaged and it wouldnít leave the island.

I guess Iím also looking for a Landrover mechanic in the south west florida region as Iím sure Iíll have some issues with it no matter how good it runs at time of purchase. Speaking of which, is there a network of inspectors that could go check out a truck for sale? I havenít found anything in the south west florida region.

Thanks for your time and any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2015, 04:57 PM
jon110
Jonathan Barron
1987 110

I have a titonus 110 lhd in jacksonville fl. Its in good condition, what are you looking to spend on a vehicle.
Old January 6th, 2015, 08:53 PM
hmmrbrg
HMMRBRG
1972 SIII 109

I was looking to spend about $10-15k on a Series 3. Did some research on the tithonus project. It does seem like a good fit. What are you asking? Do you have pictures etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2015, 10:14 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmrbrg View Post
I was looking to spend about $10-15k on a Series 3. Did some research on the tithonus project. It does seem like a good fit. What are you asking? Do you have pictures etc?
He has a for sale thread in here somewhere with pictures and it looks like a really good truck. If I could figure out how to attach the link here I would. Sorry
Old January 7th, 2015, 09:05 AM
jon110
Jonathan Barron
1987 110

As it is the soft top tithonus 110 with all the correct parts the price is asking $25000, It has a NOS soft top PVC in good condition, it has strong re con engine and the chassis is in good shape, interior is clean with good seats in the front and rear. will add pictures in a bit.
Old January 7th, 2015, 09:36 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
He has a for sale thread in here somewhere with pictures and it looks like a really good truck. If I could figure out how to attach the link here I would. Sorry
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55791
Old January 7th, 2015, 11:55 AM
jon110
Jonathan Barron
1987 110

Hi

Sorry i could not get to reply earlier, the link you posted was for my old landrover, which was a great deal. the one i am selling is better than that one. i am still working on pics and a will post them shortly. i am not that computer savvy it takes a while.
Old January 7th, 2015, 03:27 PM
hmmrbrg
HMMRBRG
1972 SIII 109

Thanks guys.

Jonathan: The price seems right for your tithonus but I'm kinda set on a Series 3. What can I say, I just love the way they look. I realize that I probably should have posted this under WANTED section. I'll repost there later today. But, hey everyone, glad to be here! My name is Markus. With any luck I'll soon I'll be a proud owner of a Series III!
Old January 7th, 2015, 08:44 PM
jon110
Jonathan Barron
1987 110

Hi Markus

Good luck with your series iii , if you are ever in jacksonville let me know and we can do some off roading.
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Robthompson4
Rob Thompson
1977 series III

Registry
Search for a Series III

Hello Marcus

I've just joined this forum so was just writing an introduction when I saw your 'wanted' thread.

I'm up in north Virginia, a visitor to these shores, and going back to the UK in the summer when my tour with the USN over here comes to an end, and I am leaving my Series III behind...but its an 88.

I'll post it eventually in the for sale section but will give you the heads up. Its a RHD 1977, former Royal Navy truck, 90 500 on the clock, really good nick with the exception of rust evidence in the frames of the doors. New canvass and hoops, tailgate, fuel pumps, distro cap etc.. and fresh paint last January.

Ping me if you want some phots or anything - it may meet your needs. If not, good luck with the search...I have seen defenders aplenty but not so many IIIs.

Best

Rob
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:17 PM
hmmrbrg
HMMRBRG
1972 SIII 109

Hi Rob, sounds great and thanks for the heads-up. I'll probably end up getting a 88 later on at some point for myself. But right now I'm set on a 109 or 110 so I can schlepp around the kids, the boards, the paddles and all the other beach stuff.
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Robthompson4
Rob Thompson
1977 series III

Registry
I hear you

A buddy of mine flying out of Oceana had a defender 110, but like one of the other threads intimated they retain a crazy high price. His was $25 but it hit all the head marks with surfboards, wetsuits, kids and dogs!

There are a few Brit Navy guys flying F18s down your way and some of them brought Landies over with them. I'll go fish and see if there are any amongst them.

Rob
Old January 10th, 2015, 04:33 PM
hmmrbrg
HMMRBRG
1972 SIII 109

That would be great Rob. Thanks!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Tags
109, series, series iii