Defender 90 Education - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Old December 27th, 2016, 11:43 AM
DaddyFavTruck
Andrew
1994 D90 #267

Defender 90 Education

Hi - I am wondering if anyone would be willing to help me narrow my search for a Defender 90? I have spent a ton of time looking at all the sites and advertisements but need help understanding what I should really be focused on before pulling the trigger on anything. Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2016, 11:53 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

You need to spend some time in the For Sale and Misc Comment section. You have a lot of decisions.

Do you want a NAS or ROW truck?
Do you want a Soft Top or Station Wagon.
What motor do you want?
Do you have a good budget?
Are you realistic?
Do you want it stock or modified?

Have you driven one?

Old December 27th, 2016, 11:54 AM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyFavTruck View Post
Hi - I am wondering if anyone would be willing to help me narrow my search for a Defender 90? I have spent a ton of time looking at all the sites and advertisements but need help understanding what I should really be focused on before pulling the trigger on anything. Many thanks!
That is very vague. Need more info on what you want. For example... soft top or hard top, fixer upper, original and mint, or restored, engine type (v8 or diesel), NAS spec or ROW, willingness to get your hands dirty, intended use (around town or off road) etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

If you've spent a lot of time as an internet fan, start getting out there and connect with Rover owners in your area.
Experience the good moments and the bad!
Old December 27th, 2016, 12:17 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
^this

Meet, greet, and beg for a ride. Even better if you have a chance to drive a bit! It will put a smile on you face, but it's not for everyone.
Old December 27th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
X3 plenty of Defenders in your area. As Chris and David said meet and greet actual owners. By and large a very friendly and helpful bunch. And most definitely figure out what your budget is that will drive your search. Remember these things are just like a boat the initial purchase price is just the beginning.
Old December 27th, 2016, 06:21 PM
doktorno
Chris deZ.
1995 Defender SW

Registry
I would ask yourself: what is the "mission" for the truck? Always wanted one? Want one to take off-road or on trips? Want one to take off-road, beat the crap out of it and you are not afraid to possible screw up a $XX,XXX dollar vehicle? Are you willing to turn a wrench?

My family would mutiny if I sold my NAS D90SW, but for the same money you can build up a hell of a modified ROW vehicle. Some of the Perentie options are very appealing.
Old December 29th, 2016, 06:25 AM
DaddyFavTruck
Andrew
1994 D90 #267

Scott and Chris - thanks very much for your time yesterday. I know what I want...now need I to find it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Tags
90, defender, defender 90