Almost ready - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 6th, 2016, 02:52 PM
T. Sidoti
1990 Defender 110
Almost ready

California native, Alaska resident, currently living and working with my family in Zambia. Purchased a 1990 Defender 110 from South Africa to use while I'm out here, and we intend to take it back to the US when we return. It's currently still in RSA getting fresh body and paint, along with a mechanical overhaul to make sure it's reliable as a daily driver. Should be ready in two weeks. New to the Landrover world, but looking forward to jumping in.

Old July 6th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Robert Davis
Just keep some tools, spares, and a workshop manual with you at all times.
Please share some of your adventures.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)
Old July 6th, 2016, 03:28 PM
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
I would also advise you to review the what's legal thread for importing to the US when it's time, and the additional hurdles for doing so when attempting to register said vehicle in California. Both good threads that are stickies on this forum. Best of luck.
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Old July 6th, 2016, 03:43 PM
1991 D90 SW
No pictures?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Community Announcements & Support > Say Hello! New Member Intros.