Rosco :: 1987 Land Rover 110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Vehicle Name Rosco
Year 1987
Make Land Rover
Model 110
Color Was CARC green, now black
Packages RHD exMOD 3 door hard top.
1987 Land Rover 110
History There was about 150k on the clock when I made the purchase, but I don't know anything about the life it lived before I got to it.
1987 Land Rover 110 Exterior
Started life with every inch, inside and out, covered in faded, green CARC paint. The paint was too far gone to save, so I went through the very long process of removing the chemical resistant paint with chemical paint remover by hand. Definitely the most time consuming way to remove the paint, but also probably the cheapest. I coated the truck in Rustoleum gloss black as a temporary solution for when I get the money to do a real paint job.

All of the rubber seals have been painted green and then black, so they will need replaced.

Lots of green metal. Military style seats complete with duct tape seams. These definitely need replaced

Right hand drive, all stock.

I used peel and seal all throughout cockpit area and insulated the firewall, doors and transmission tunnel with aluminum backed foam.

The bed has been Herculined in black. It honestly didn't turn out how I would like it, so I might remove it down the line. It was free and it certainly looks better than the flaking CARC that was there before, so I'm not out anything more than a couple hours of my time from the install.

Wheel and Tire
5 Stock Michelin XZL's. 7.5 inches wide. They all seem to be in amazing shape. The spare still has the blue chalk and little rubber "tails"

Wolf rims, painted CARC green... I sprayed them with some flat black PlastiDip that I had lying around. That way I can easily remove it when I decide what I want to do with them.

Under the Hood
200tdi that I was able to install by myself with the help of you wonderful people. I am still having transmission issues, but at least the engine runs. Two steps forward, one step back.

Stock MOD suspension. The entire underside is coated in a thick layer of black grease. I will have to spend a weekend scrubbing it all off to see how bad it is down there.

In the future I plan on adding a 2" OME lift just because the current suspension looks pretty bad. I feel like it needs the brakes redone as well.

This truck is definitely a slow renew. My list of To Do's in no real order includes:

-Fix mechanical issues and get running (obviously)
-Add real seats
-Replace visible nuts/bolts/screws with new
-Buy a front carpet set
-Replace exterior lights
-Install a bulkhead removal bar
-Replace tires with something a little less conspicuous (7.5's aren't my thing)
-Winch bumper
-Rock/tree sliders (somehow working around my side lockers)
-Swing out tire/jerry carrier
-locking center box
-Steering guard
-hood and stick set (or Tithonus cage)
-reupholster rear seats

Sometime in the distant future, when I have a garage, I would like to pull it apart entirely and do a nut and bolt update from the ground up. But as I don't have a place to store all of the parts, I will have to wait.
Comments: 1 / Views: 1137
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Samdford Wallace
95 RRC LWB / 86 Tithnous
Let me know if you want to part with those tires and maybe we could come to an agreement?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

110, land rover