Blue Rover :: 1988 Land Rover 110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

Blue Rover
RBBailey

Registry
Vehicle Name Blue Rover
Year 1988
Make Land Rover
Model 110
Color Blue
1988 Land Rover 110
1988 Land Rover 110 1988 Land Rover 110 1988 Land Rover 110
History Original LHD Saudi Spec with A/C, shipped directly to Dubai. Owned by two or three people in UAE. Records show that it was once kitted out with everything you need for desert adventure.

Was imported to England, and the owner lived in London. Lots of records of parking tickets and work done on the car. The owner left lots of travel records showing stops in Germany, Russia (probably Ukraine) Turkey, etc... Upon looking up the owner, we find that at the time he was on archeological digs in Turkey and Iraq. He is, or was the curator for Middle East Studies at the London Museum, an expert on the city of Ur.

The vehicle was then purchased by a dealer, and probably sat for a while before some mates of an ex-pat now living in B.C. Canada found it for him and got it put into a container for the trip across the pond.

Due to the vehicle not being as good at towing as they had hoped, and because of health issues, the owner let it sit for over a year before deciding to sell it.

After confirming that the vehicle was original, had lots of records, an was traceable back to registration in various countries with various owners, I decided to go get it. I drove it across to the USA myself, and came directly home with it that night.

These trucks had the same interior as the NAS 110's.
Exterior
Blue repaint, should be Shire Blue. Needs some corrosion work done on it, but the truck looks pretty good.

Interior
Good seats, good headliner, OK doors, bad dash.

The A/C unit died at one point, and I think it may have leaked all over in the ducting, causing the rust in the bulkhead. The system was gutted, never replaced, and the dash was pieced together.

Oddly enough, everything but the A/C works.

Wheel and Tire
Steels. 7.50x16 Michelin XPS.

Under the Hood
Original 3.5 V8

Suspension
Old, needs new shocks, but I think the springs may be a bit of a heavy duty range.

Other
Planning on making this the family camping vehicle. Not going to go all-out, but may put a Tdi in at some point, lots of storage, and other bits to make it easy to go camping on a spur of the moment.
Comments: 3 / Views: 1603
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2016, 06:00 AM
Elbee
Lance
1989 110 200tdi

Registry
I see two side indicators per side?
Do you know why that is?
Old April 2nd, 2016, 06:07 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Small one at front was the factory fitment. Larger one looks NAS style with built in reflector as well.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2016, 01:52 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
For some reason, the second one was added by the previous owner -- something about Canadian DoT laws. But I really can't figure what he was on about.

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

Tags
110, land rover