Bella :: 1997 Land Rover Defender 90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Bella
D110DC

Registry
Vehicle Name Bella
Year 1997
Make Land Rover
Model Defender 90
Color Beluga Black
Packages 1941
1997 Land Rover Defender 90
1997 Land Rover Defender 90 1997 Land Rover Defender 90 1997 Land Rover Defender 90
History 1997 D90 ST - 47k miles
Exterior
1997 Land Rover Defender 90 Exterior 1997 Land Rover Defender 90 Exterior 1997 Land Rover Defender 90 Exterior
Custom steel-reinforced fiberglass hardtop
Badger soft top
NOT SHOWN: Mantec rock sliders, Raised air intake

Interior
Factory except ashtray convert into customized iPhone holder using MUD-UK tray holder
47k miles

Wheel and Tire
285's

Under the Hood
Factory 4.0

Suspension
Factory
Comments: 5 / Views: 8496
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2014, 03:28 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Sharp, sharp 90! Spitting image of mine, except yours looks damn near new. I have a ways to go still but she's getting there. We even have the same county package guards. Did you paint your hard top or is it one of the new abs batches? I have two of them, (fiberglass) in various states, ready for experimental fracture fixes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2014, 10:35 AM
wmatos1001
William
1994 NAS Defender 90

Registry
Very nice! If I recall Beluga black was a pretty rare color for NAS. Question, I just bought my 1994 NAS 90 and it came with the factory side steps you have on but they were still in the box not installed. Not sure if you do much off roading with yours, but if you do have you noticed any material impact on ground clearance? I'm contemplating keeping mine off but it would be a bit easier to hop in the seat with them installed.
Old February 8th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Avahdani
Nushi
NONE

looking for a Beluga black in case you may plan to sell
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:52 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmatos1001 View Post
Very nice! If I recall Beluga black was a pretty rare color for NAS. Question, I just bought my 1994 NAS 90 and it came with the factory side steps you have on but they were still in the box not installed. Not sure if you do much off roading with yours, but if you do have you noticed any material impact on ground clearance? I'm contemplating keeping mine off but it would be a bit easier to hop in the seat with them installed.
So sorry for not responding, but I didn't see your post. You've probably already figured this one out, hopefully not the hard way. But...Yes. I left them on once for some off-road opportunity that I couldn't pass up. It wasn't planned and I was too lazy to remove them. Dinged the crap out of them! If you're on any trail with light terrain or broken tracks, you'll be relatively fine, but you'll run the risk of denting, destroying, or ripping them off if you encounter any obstacles, even light obstacles. They are for mostly on road use. I like them, though and it keeps me from having to help the wife in, but if I'm planning anything rough, off they come.
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Rufus
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118

Registry
I had those very same side steps that came with mine. I went through some Moguls while off roading and bent one side up flush to the sill. Yes good call to remove them prior to setting out...

D90 Yahoo Group member since 2001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Defender & Series Truck Registry

Tags
1997, 90, 97, defender 90, land rover defender